“Surprised by negative reviews!”

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show
Ranked #23 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style luau featuring hula dancing and a fire-knife performer at Disney's Polynesian Resort.Situated on the Seven Seas Lagoon, the open-air covered dining theater provides a comfortable setting for authentic music and dances, with beautiful costumes, irresistable rhythms and the show-stopping fire-knife dance! The many nations of the South Pacific unite in an evening of spellbinding magic that tells the tale of a native girl returning to her people and her traditions.You'll almost believe you've been transplanted to the tropics as you and your loved ones share platters of authentic foods such as barbequed pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing garnished with Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice and seasonal vegetables. Save room for the chocolate ""mouse"" volcano! (Parents of finicky little ones, fear not: There's a limited children's menu). Beer, wine and soft drinks are included for Guests 21 years of age or older (picture ID required). Celebrations are acknowledged in the show.
Worcester, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprised by negative reviews!”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the luau. The food was fantastic and plentiful, the waiter was so accommodating and friendly, and the show was wonderful. The whole thing took place in a beautiful setting! Even waiting to be seated was a pleasant experience in such a lush tropical atmosphere. I can not think of one negative thing to say about this experience and am completely surprised that it received any bad reviews at all. The only thing even slightly inconvenient was that the family photo they took of us as we entered was misplaced but that did not affect us at all as the "photographers" were able to locate it and get it to us before the dinner was even over. I would LOVE to go back again!!!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank queanbe

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“So much food!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We had a great meal at the Spirit of Aloha show. The show itself was OK, except for the fire dancer at the end of the show, which was definitely the highlight.

As I have a nut/bean allergy, the chest was extremely accommodating and most of my food was prepared separately. The pulled pork was absolutely amazing. We had more food on the table than we needed.

We paid extra to sit up close and it was worth the extra money.

My only recommendation is not to bring young children. Our infant was OK, she slept most the time, but our toddler got antsy and didn't want to stay in her seat through the whole show.

Visited February 2014
Murfreesboro, Tn
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Average”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The show was nothing special. I had hoped that my kids would like it but it was not something that held their attention. There was free Budlight that made it tolerable for me. The food is ok, the dessert is bread pudding that is the high light of the event. I would probably spend money on another place.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Sethmanand54
Round Rock, Texas
211 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 135 helpful votes
“Best meal of our trip!”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Pay extra and sit close to the show! We loved the food..the chicken was amazing..the pineapple and coconut rolls were so good..I wish I had the recipe! The dancers were fabulous! I would do this again!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank sherri g
Columbia City, Indiana
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Delicious and entertaining”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The food is amazing!!! It is authentic and all you can eat proportions! The show is fun. The dancers do a great job! The fire dance is awesome! The dessert is fantastic! Whoever didn't like it must not have a Disney side because we loved it and had a blast!

1 Thank Island_Lemmons