“Loved the show, loved the food!”

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show
Ranked #24 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style luau featuring hula dancing and a fire-knife performer at Disney's Polynesian Resort.Situated on the Seven Seas Lagoon, the open-air covered dining theater provides a comfortable setting for authentic music and dances, with beautiful costumes, irresistable rhythms and the show-stopping fire-knife dance! The many nations of the South Pacific unite in an evening of spellbinding magic that tells the tale of a native girl returning to her people and her traditions.You'll almost believe you've been transplanted to the tropics as you and your loved ones share platters of authentic foods such as barbequed pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing garnished with Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice and seasonal vegetables. Save room for the chocolate ""mouse"" volcano! (Parents of finicky little ones, fear not: There's a limited children's menu). Beer, wine and soft drinks are included for Guests 21 years of age or older (picture ID required). Celebrations are acknowledged in the show.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I had this show booked and after reading some of the reviews recently I was being to wonder if we should change our plans. But the thought of some free beer and the fact that we had so many free dining credits that we decided to go and give it a go and we are so glad we did.

We went to the 5.15 show, had seating at the centre back..which was actually quite good because we could see over the heads of the people sitting infront. Servers were brilliant as fast as we could eat/drink more would arrive. They accommodated both my fussy eater and my allergy eater with no fuss at all.

Yes the storyline for the show was a bit too high school musical type production for our liking but you don't need to follow the story..we just watched the dancing. Our server explained to us that the breaks in the show were timed for them to get the food out so that they didn't get in the way of people trying to watch, he also explained that there was no servers around when the fire act was on but he made sure we had everything we needed before they left.

We really enjoyed the dancing and the fire performer and were really glad we went...in my view its well worth the 2 credits on the dining plan and would not hesitate about returning again in the future..with or without the dining plan.

Apart from the beer and wine being included in the price, tip is also included which makes a nice change.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

We were really looking forward to this as it was a treat to ourselves. We didn't mind the high price because it's Disney, you can't expect to go to a dinner show there and not pay a lot. When we arrived we were quickly sat at our table which had a very good view of the stage considering we booked for seats in category 3. When we were seated we saw our starters were already there, which is rather unhygienic as anything could have been on it. The show then started, what can I say? Cheesy is the best word to describe it. If we had known the show was this awful we would have saved our money and done a character dinning. This entire experience was not worth 125$. The food was nothing to rave about, the Turkey legs are more tasty. The show just seemed to go on and on! and the food was stopped about an hour in. If we hadn't have paid so much, we would have walked out after the food had finished. All you can eat? More like only eat for an hour!!! Which by the time it got to our table we had 30 minutes of eating luke warm, tasteless food. There was only really two good things about this, the fire dancer at the end, but I'm pretty sure he was the same guy from The Festival of the Lion King, so save your money and see him do that for free in the Animal Kingdom, and after it's finished(if you were to go to the 8pm sitting) you'll have a wonderful view of Wishes from across the 7 Sea's Lagoon.
This experience has put me off any other dinning experience Disney has to offer.
So, save your money and don't waste 2 hours of your vacation.

2  Thank Emily Jane P
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Its not entertaining enough to hold the kids attention for such a long dinner, unlike, say Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. The show is dated. We did love the fire part but that does not come until the very end. Until then, the kids hear a lot about dating problems and watch slow moving dances in between faster ones. Maybe if my kids were older it would have been better (they're 8, 5, and 3.) But for us it just went on too long and the food was not delicious.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you are on the Disney Dining plan Magic Your Way, this show is not worth two meal credits. The breaks in between the acts were forever, and they serve you the entire meal before the good part of the show begins. It was wayyy to long. The food was also not worth the price of this meal. There is not a huge selection. This review is from someone that loves Disney, I hate to say bad things but it was not worth the two meal credits.

2  Thank Iljakamac
Reviewed July 29, 2013

After reading some of the reviews I wasn't sure if this would be worth the price, but it was awesome! The food was great and our server was also fantastic about getting our picky kiddo food that she would like too (we didnt even have to ask, he asked her and had a pizza out for her in just a few minutes).
I thought the show was cute. There was a story going on but it actually gave us more time to focus on finishing up eating so we didn't mind having parts of the show that were slightly less interesting.
The fire dancer at the end of the show was AMAZING! I was completely sucked in as well as my 5 year old. We went to the later show and I'm glad we did because the darker setting made the fire dancing even more dramatic!