“Disappointed big time”

Disney's Spirit of Aloha Show
Ranked #24 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Disney's Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show is an all-you-care-to-eat, family-style luau featuring hula dancing and a fire-knife performer at Disney's Polynesian Resort.Situated on the Seven Seas Lagoon, the open-air covered dining theater provides a comfortable setting for authentic music and dances, with beautiful costumes, irresistable rhythms and the show-stopping fire-knife dance! The many nations of the South Pacific unite in an evening of spellbinding magic that tells the tale of a native girl returning to her people and her traditions.You'll almost believe you've been transplanted to the tropics as you and your loved ones share platters of authentic foods such as barbequed pork ribs, roast chicken, fresh pineapple, salad with mango poppy seed dressing garnished with Mandarin oranges, Polynesian-style rice and seasonal vegetables. Save room for the chocolate ""mouse"" volcano! (Parents of finicky little ones, fear not: There's a limited children's menu). Beer, wine and soft drinks are included for Guests 21 years of age or older (picture ID required). Celebrations are acknowledged in the show.
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I go to Disney World at least one time every year, but for the first time this year decided to go to the Spirit of Aloha Luau at the Polynesian. I was very disappointed. We were placed at a seat where we absolutely could not see anything and even though there were other tables available where no one was sitting, the manager absolutely would not budge (even though the cost is the same wherever you sit) The waiters were friendly, the show (what we could see) was like a middle school production of a musical, and the food was ok (nothing to write home about). I will opt for the Sea World Luau which has better food, true Island Dances and Traditions and much better audience participation. Please save your money and avoid this so called Luau.

7  Thank Vickie F

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I go to Disney 3-4 times a year and have pretty much done it all, but this was my first time seeing Spirit of Aloha at Disney's Polynesian. I absolutely love the Polynesian, so I thought this would be a great experience. The check in process was fairly easy and we were brought to our category one seats. The view was pretty good and our waiter promptly came to the table. He was attentive and brought the food out at a nice pace. The food was okay and a little cold. I definitely like the food in Ohana and Kona Cafe much better.

The show started and we were speechless. The only word I can use to describe it appropriately is "cheesy." The middle of the show was good once they got to the authentic dancing a fire scenes. If they had just done that, it would have been a good show.

In the future, I will definitely stick with Ohana and Kona. This show was not worth the time or money.

5  Thank Kimg10
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The performance was great with outstanding food and service. The performers were a blast to watch and very talented. I feel this was a great value for a fun evening.

2  Thank Neil R
Reviewed April 28, 2013

When I first attended this show some 15 years ago, I found it to be a wonderfully entertaining introduction to the traditions and customs of the Polynesian people. Having just attended this show again with my own children two nights ago, I found the new production to be somewhat watered-down, juvenile and overly syrupy. (One aside: The Fire-Knife performer is still amazing!) The food is good, and there is plenty of it, but for the money - I'd much rather recommend eating at Ohana's or the Hoop-dee-doo Musical Revue at the Wilderness Resort.

3  Thank Mabogo
Reviewed April 25, 2013

we had reserved a table well in advance. we arrived a little late and were brought to the seat we had reserved which was a little to the left of the stage one table deep in. not a bad seat just not in the center..which was fine. food is all you can eat. they do bring you a 18 inch dish on a stand packed with the food. so you have a few things to pick from. food was freash and well cooked with good taste and they were very happy to bring you as much as you wanted.
show was a little goofy but also fun and we did enjoy it. all in all it was a very nice out. only bad part is like most of disney is getting out of the place as you have a large croud all going to the same place and it is also the time when the parks are closing so the transpory systen is very over taxed at that time. the hotel and grounds itself are really among the nicest i have seen at disney. of course like everything else at disney it cost an arm and a leg but hey if your there you already know this and if your going you should already know this and be prepared.

1  Thank james u