“Far, Far away but great show”

The Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
Ranked #7 of 71 Concerts & Shows in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is an old-fashioned dinner show that includes foot-stompin' music, nostalgic comedy and an all-you-care-to-eat dinner at Pioneer Hall in Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. Get ready for good, ol' country fun!A long-time family favorite, the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue is hosted in a rustic dance hall, with rousing Wild West dancing, singing, and zany vaudeville comedy. You never know what to expect from the high-spirited Claire de Lune, Johnny Ringo, Dolly Drew, Six Bits Slocum, Flora Long and Jim Handy.As the Pioneer Hall Players perform skits and early song standards, equally sassy Cast Members serve your countrified feast. Between laughs, chow down on pails of all-you-care-to-eat American favorites like fried chicken, smoked BBQ pork ribs, seasonal vegetable, baked beans, fresh baked corn bread and strawberry shortcake. Unlimited draft beer, wine, sangria and soft drinks are included for Guests 21 years of age or older (proper ID required). Celebrations are acknowledged in the show.As the performance rounds out, you may be asked to join in the finale—a musical tribute to Davy Crockett. Your inner bumpkin just might emerge.Bring your whole clan of kin folk and join the frolicking fun of this folksy extravaganza.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Lots of food and drinks, great show! We enjoyed it! However be prepared because it is in the middle of nowhere.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,998)
All reviews
in 118 reviews
"high energy"
in 20 reviews

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a surprise birthday cake for my wife arranged in advance. We book this show every trip. Recommend center seating. I was invited on stage to be part of the show. I was the angel that saves Davey Crockett's life. You get photo and certificate for bravery above the call of duty. It was great.

1  Thank Paperboy1957
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I can't believe of all the years I have been going to Disney I have not seen this show yet. I went with a group of five and we all had a great time. The show is fun, yes corny, but fun. We had a great server who made sure we had all the drink refills and food we wanted. I made reservations as soon as I was allowed to and we had a table right in front of the stage, perhaps too close. I think one row back would have been better.
If you are a disney fan and have never been, go at least once. From what I have read this is one of the longest running shows at Disney and has not changed much so sounds like a one time deal for me.
The food is good. Starts off with salad with what I guess is Italian dressing and corn bread. Next is the meal: cowboy beans which appear to have pulled pork in them, BBQ ribs, fried chicken, corn, mashed potatoes with skins.Last is dessert of strawberry shortcake. Too much food really but you can take as little or as much as you like. Same with the drinks.
After you check in they take your picture and at the tables inside they will come around to sell them to you. One 8x10 and four 4x6 plus a picture of the cast for $34 I think it was. Actually not a bad price for Disney.
The only gripe I have is the lack of direction on how to get there. It is located in the campground. We were lucky to have a car to drive there. You have to either drive there and park outside the campground or take a bus I think to one of the parks then get on the bus to the campground. Once at the campground, there are buses that go into the campground. However, we had no idea which bus to get on and where to get off. We had to ask one of the bus drivers. You get off at Settlement Orange to go to the dinner. The bus will make frequent stops on the way out so be sure to give yourself alot of time to get there.
It also appears that there is a boat from MK which goes to the campground so I guess you could take that too.
There is alot to do at the campground such as horseback riding and horse drawn carriage rides which I did not know about. Something to do on future visits.
I would recommend this show at least one time but if you are going to Disney for the first time save it for future visits. If you only go to Disney once in your life, save the time for the parks.

2  Thank kelmel13
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The show is great fun, the ribs awesome and the fried chicken some of the best in the area - but leave room for strawberry shortcake! Good value for the $. Loved it!