“Basic hotel ”

Monumental MovieLand
Ranked #243 of 339 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this hotel for the past 4 or 5 years as my wife likes this hotel due her not wanting to change hotels again as we did years back and ended up in the worst hotel ever , but i am glad that we have decided to try the rosen inn this year as u do get fed up with the same place over and over again , now over the last few years we have seen a few problems i.e doors not all secure so anyone can enter hotel from 4 access point on the ground especially to put pizza flyers under your door , also on one visit there were notes on the elevators that 2 days there may be a problem with the water system which there was regards to toilet flush and sink water , we also had to ask if the pool would be cleaned as there was a ring of black dirt on the tiles at the level of pool water which was cleaned the next day , we have never had a problem with the beds and as most people say how long do u spend in your hotel when your in Florida c'mon theres too much to see and do , they have also changed Tvs a few year ago to flatscreen and before u had to pay deposit for a fridge which they brought to your room but have since put a fridge in your room so don't have to ask for this and it comes In handy when u go to Walmart for some beers , they did also put some decking round the pool or were starting to when we left one year and went back the following to find they had took it away and just placed it on the outside of gate as u walk to the pool area , I asked why this was and the Korean chap I think he is said unsafe and that Florida state had deemed it unsafe , they did also change there sun loungers to wooden ones but as previously stated they are solid and have no cushions on them so I just stay at the tables round the pool with cushion seats and shade , I was also told the cocktail hut at the pool which has been closed in all the times we have been would be opened but this still hasn't happened to my disappointment , there was a nice gesture by the hotel to put a inflatable net for the kids at the hotel to play ball over it but this didn't last long as some adults ruined it as I recall 2 young Germans , anyway u get what u pay for if u want first class then pay for it don't expect it here because u will only get what u pay for and that is basic , there is also a lot of talk about dampness in the corridors and I believe the reason for this is when u have kids running up and down the corridors from the pool then the carpets will get wet and to be honest there is not a lot of windows in the corridors that will solve that problem , there are also I believe 3 or 4 ice machines placed over this hotel but as far as I recall only 1 works , there is also no security at this hotel unless u call the handyman the security guy as we'll !!!

Stayed: July 2013

Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after a recommendation from a co-worker. Very disappointed on quality and lack of comfort. Beds are very hard and rooms are old. No breakfast of any kind. Location was good in relation to our activities. No ice machine on our floor where it said it was supposed to be.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this as I have only being 3 hours in the room and CANT WAIT TO LEAVE!!! I would rather have slept in my car than in this hotel. It's rundown, extremely stinky, outdated, beds are either hard as a rock or falling apart. To get a soda from vending machine you need quarters which you have to get from the unfriendly staff at front desk. We were disgusted about everything in the hotel from the moment we set foot on the room. They should really consider demolishing this hotel and building a NICE hotel. I was stuck here as I made a non refundable reservation and was sadden to find out that could have stayed at the Rosen Inn next door for about the same price and a much nicer hotel. This is a s**t hole (pardon the expression) but that's even putting it nicely. The walls are paper thing and you hear every single noise. I couldn't wait til I got home to write this review as I want to save others from this HORRIBLE AND DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE!!!! MONUMENTAL DISASTER OF A HOTEL, run while you can. DO NOT STAY HERE AT ANY PRICE sleep in your car you'll be better off.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Daisy C
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed here for a 4 night trip to Universal ect, I was very pleased with my stay - right next door to all amenities, A nice quiet pool area without herds of people, a perfect stop off hotel. I would recommend :)

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jos605
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a couple years ago and its all you need for a disney holiday. Clean massive room. Free disney buses. Close to an abundance of places to eat and drink
. Its cheap and simple but come on you dont spend time in your room when in florida. Somewhere to lay your hat is enough. Will deffo book again

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank gracey20
Reviewed April 20, 2014

First thing Breakfast is not available for free. You can pay 4.99$ for unlimited bf in attached restraunt. But if you're going as a group or as a family its better to pay 10$ more and go with a hotel with free breakfast. Paying 5$ for bf everyday / person was not a right idea. Right opposite to Wet and Wild (you can avoid parking charges). In center of international drive where you can easily travel to Aquatica and Sea World. Room service was very poor. 1st day they didnt throw my pizza box and second day they thorwed all my paper plates, spoon and fork that i kept on a plastic cover on top of chair. Room service forgot to keep towels for 2 successive days and returned the towel after 3 hours of notifying them. Room was not quiet great. Ample parking space you can park in any close by elevator.

Room Tip: Better spend 5 more $ and go with a hotel with bf available.