“Run while you can!!!!!”

Monumental MovieLand
Ranked #246 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
“Run while you can!!!!!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

I'm writing this as I have only being 3 hours in the room and CANT WAIT TO LEAVE!!! I would rather have slept in my car than in this hotel. It's rundown, extremely stinky, outdated, beds are either hard as a rock or falling apart. To get a soda from vending machine you need quarters which you have to get from the unfriendly staff at front desk. We were disgusted about everything in the hotel from the moment we set foot on the room. They should really consider demolishing this hotel and building a NICE hotel. I was stuck here as I made a non refundable reservation and was sadden to find out that could have stayed at the Rosen Inn next door for about the same price and a much nicer hotel. This is a s**t hole (pardon the expression) but that's even putting it nicely. The walls are paper thing and you hear every single noise. I couldn't wait til I got home to write this review as I want to save others from this HORRIBLE AND DISGUSTING EXPERIENCE!!!! MONUMENTAL DISASTER OF A HOTEL, run while you can. DO NOT STAY HERE AT ANY PRICE sleep in your car you'll be better off.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Daisy C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Slovak first
Jersey, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

I stayed here for a 4 night trip to Universal ect, I was very pleased with my stay - right next door to all amenities, A nice quiet pool area without herds of people, a perfect stop off hotel. I would recommend :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jos605
United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here a couple years ago and its all you need for a disney holiday. Clean massive room. Free disney buses. Close to an abundance of places to eat and drink
. Its cheap and simple but come on you dont spend time in your room when in florida. Somewhere to lay your hat is enough. Will deffo book again

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank gracey20
Illinois
Reviewed April 20, 2014

First thing Breakfast is not available for free. You can pay 4.99$ for unlimited bf in attached restraunt. But if you're going as a group or as a family its better to pay 10$ more and go with a hotel with free breakfast. Paying 5$ for bf everyday / person was not a right idea. Right opposite to Wet and Wild (you can avoid parking charges). In center of international drive where you can easily travel to Aquatica and Sea World. Room service was very poor. 1st day they didnt throw my pizza box and second day they thorwed all my paper plates, spoon and fork that i kept on a plastic cover on top of chair. Room service forgot to keep towels for 2 successive days and returned the towel after 3 hours of notifying them. Room was not quiet great. Ample parking space you can park in any close by elevator.

Room Tip: Better spend 5 more $ and go with a hotel with bf available.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SRANGANATHAN
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Room smelt musty but humidifier took care of it. Tracy of housekeeping looked after all my needs promptly. It was easy to check-in and out. The hallways were noisy with kids but that is not the hotels fault.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
lanarkshire,scotland
Reviewed April 12, 2014

we stayed here for 2 weeks and overall this was a good hotel for the price we payed. the location is fab just across the road from wet n wild 20 minute walk to universal and there is a trolley stop right outside the hotel, so easy to get around idrive. the hotel provided a free bus to the theme parks but the times were awful for universal, but good for disney. the onsite steakhouse had a good buffet breakfast selection for 4.99 that set you up for the day. the pool area was nice, yes there are cats and kittens around but this never bothered us, infact we brought back scraps from dinner for the kittens. we would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank andtototo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 9, 2014

This is one of the worst hotels i have stayed in. Dirty floor dirty bathroom and a horrible smell in the lobby and everywhere else. Lobby: Terrible smell of a mixture between chemicals and mold. Hallways :Loud all night until about 3am (I dont care about loud noise but someone else might). Actual Hotel Room: even though there was a portable sanitizer spray thing this room still smelled like some terrible chemical(We literally had to buy a glade plug in) the bathroom was half way cleaned with hair shavings in the tub (went to walgreens next door to buy lysol disinfectant wipes) the towels that they threaten to slap you with a 75 dollar fine if you take them are stained and just plain old. The bed coverings are old and outdated and the sheets are white(i think) and old stained as well. The maid service is still coming up to doors at 7pm and this hotel had the nerve to ask me for 90 more dollars a night to upgrade to a suite room. There is also bugs around too because I dont think they have vacuumed the room rugs in months. I am no picky person, but I will never stay in a hotel that is not part of a chain again. the Maingate ramada was 200 times better then this. The only reason I picked this over the place I stayed before is because of the slightly better rating margin. We Left this hotel and booked another(while still having this room because we bought a package) because there was nothing to cheer about. Even the "Game Room" smells like it has Black Mold under the Carpet. This hotel needs new management, new maids and new rates. It is crazy to be that people are letting this piece of trash place stand on a 3 star rating. When my kids came out of the shower we didnt even want them to sit down thats how disgusting this room was. I dont think people realize how many hotels are in Orlando to be giving this place an average rating. terrible just terrible. I have learned my lesson and Thank you Weston for making two of the days great.

Room Tip: Leave and find a better place for cheaper
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank RatedRD

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels