“Great for budget traveller.”

Monumental MovieLand
Ranked #251 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Singapore, Singapore
“Great for budget traveller.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We choose this hotel because of the close vicinity to Wet and Wild, dining amenities and Universal Studio Florida. If you are a fan of the famous seafood restaurant Red Lobster, it is only 2 stops away from the hotel. It is at I-ride trolley stop 7.

Universal Studio Florida is just 15 minutes walk, and cost less than USD$7 to get to Universal Studio. The shuttle bus is provided but the late departure from hotel and early departure from Universal Studio is a minus point. I would recommend a walk or a cab instead of the Shuttle Bus. Prepare USD$50 if you are to travel to the Airport from this hotel.

With wet and wild just across the road, swimmers can wear just swimming costumes and cross the road straight from the room itself. Wet and wild is a huge water theme park that has lots of water amenities like black hole, h2O disco and brainwash water slides. The price of USD$55 per head is a worth.

For people who are interested in Premier outlet, This hotel is also strategically located right outside the special bus service called I-ride trolley. It is a green bus which cost USD$1.50 per head per trip irregardless of the distance. Ensure you have the exact amount to pay in cash because the drivers do not carry change and credit card service. Children below certain height travel free. Movieland hotel is stationed at number 9 and the Orlando premier outlet is at station 1 up north, The bus operates from 8AM to 10PM at 20 minutes interval.Loaded with cash for dining, travel down south and that stretch of road will not disappoint you for there is TGIF, Applebees, and even chinese buffet. Fancy a good seafood, Red Lobster is a must try up north.

Back to hotel, the room service is good and clean. bathroom amenities may be old, but it brought out the antique quality of the hotel with pictures of old movies even to the days of elvis and Audrey Hepburn along the corridor. There is a microwave and coffee maker and a fridge in the hotel room for complimentary use. Want to eat some local food on budget, Walgreen offers frozen food that can be microwave in the rood for consumption.

Staffs are helpful and knowledgeable. The closest dining Black Angus Steakhouse is just direct next door for easy dining and drinking. For those who hopes for free breakfast, forget it, for the price you paid for, there is none. There is however, buffet breakfast less than USD$10 around the area such as black angus, ponderosa and even KFC. Have I mentioned that Walgreen is just 2 buildings away? If you ran into food problem, medication and food is just available in Walgreen 24/7. The swimming pool at the center court of the hotel is small but with the low turnup (b'cos everyone goes to either theme park or wet and wild) for swimmers, the pool is still neatly maintained and cleaned by the hotel staff.

The hotel room also feature a free Wifi service and it serves us greatly in accessing our messenger and line feature so we can call back home or update pictures to cloud servers back home after an exciting day.

For the economical value for a 3 star hotel this is good for someone who enjoys the theme park and need a place to shower and sleep for next day.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lift shaft for quiet sleep.
1 Thank ORCarrier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Slovak first
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed here first time in Sept 2012, we have just returned again and was very pleased with our visit. The hotel is very reasonably priced and you get what you pay for we were not expecting 5* service because we didnt pay for that. the check in was less than 5 mins and the staff were very friendly and helpfull. The room was clean and was equiped with large screen TV fridge microwave air con and coffee/tea machine.
we didnt have any issues with damp or extra guests in our room.
Clean towels were replaced every day along with tea and coffee the bed was changed every 2 days, every afternoon they knocked at the door and asked if we had everything we needed and were quite happy to give you anything you asked for.
The pool area is a bit poor and they could do a lot more with it but i think we used this twice during our 2 week stay as we were too busy plus we had tickets to Wet n Wild water park which is literally across the road.
The location is perfect as we could walk to Universal Studios 15min stroll, Sea world was a 5 min bus ride on the I Hop bus ($18 for a 2 week pass) and free shuttles were laid on for all the parks.
There is everything close by from supermarkets to bars and restaurants.
We didnt have any issue with noise from the road or other guests the only time we heard anyone else was when we walked through the corridors.
There is a bar restaurant joined to the hotel and the food is great and the staff very friendly, we spent a few lovely evenings in here sat at the bar chatting to other customers and bar staff.
Overall another lovely holiday and we will book this hotel again.

Room Tip: Both times we have stayed in rooms on the 3rd floor facing the pool and was very quiet
Heathfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. It was our anniversary and the staff made a point of wishing us a Happy Anniversary nice touch. The hotel is a little tired but is functional.

The bed was comfy and clean.

To use the safe you need to get a key from reception but its free to use.

The wifi connection was very good.

The hotel is positioned opposite wet and wild and is a twenty min walk to Universal studios.

The swimming pool was out of action for our stay although it looked ok so we had to use the pool in the next hotel. A little inconvenient but was ok.

The hotel doesn't have a bar or a restaurant but is attached to the black Angus restaurant and bar.
Breakfast was $3,89 before the compulsory gratuity and drinks so what started as being cheap doesn't turn out that way.

Would I stay here again at the right price.

Saginaw, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

Don't waste your money.. I wish I had listened to the reviews before I did it. I thought some people are so picky and I am not. Well, It was horrible. Never again will I book with 'Expedia" I can't believe they even carry this on there site. They need to go spend a few nights in that place and I will bet you they would drop it!!! The smell in that room was so "Overwhelming" it was like bug spray. We even bought two cans of Febreze to help with it. It was still awful. They have snack machines with just water in them or a couple with a couple snacks. would not want to eat that!! Ice machines don't work.. Lady from housekeeping never had wash cloths. Just want to say.. Don't go there!!! Hear me and change it before it is to late. I wish I would of done so. The beds are awful lumpy and tiny pillows.. I went and bought my own. A lady from England was there and she could hardly walk but they put her on the 3rd floor. She asked directions to the Walmart and was told not to far. She and her Son were going to walk and they walked for two hours. Can you Image. We are just happy to be HOME.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms. We talked to A lot of people when there. So didn't seem to smell as mu...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank hndjul

Travelers are raving about these Orlando hotels

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel through Expedia's Secret Hotel, so I had no idea of where I would be staying prior to paying my money.

The hotel is in a good location, on International Drive and is within walking distance of Universal, but this is very much a budget hotel.

The check in was fast and we was give a room on the third floor. The room gave the impression of not being occupied for a while. It smelt a little musty and one of the lamps was not working.

We unpacked and prepared to make the room our home for the next week. However....

On the second night, 3 cockroaches were seen in the room. I captured one and took it to the front desk. The receptionist seemed to be quite disturbed and immediately said that she wold change our room. She asked if we had food in our room as these were a food bug. When I said no she seem quite confused. We were this time given a room on the second floor and thankfully had no extra guests.

The room and the hotel was quite basic, everything work it was just a little rough and ready around the edges. The room constantly smelt damp though. We had the dehumidifier on quite a lot and the lowest it ever got down to was 50. If I switched it on first thing in the morning it would show 90.

If you are planning on getting a cab, whilst staying at this hotel, book it yourself, we called reception who called their own driver. Which cost twice as much as a normal cab.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Saginaw, Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

RUN do not WALK away from this hotel.The room 135 first floor was filthy, it smelled of what I think was a mixture of mildew and insect repellant. The carpet was stained and filthy the smell so strong we went to the Walmart and purchased not one but two bottles of Fabreeze.I not only sprayed it onto the carpet and bed I poured it onto the carpet trying to elminate the odor.I was told by some other tourist there that although their room did not smell they were in need of cleaning also another person saw the matainance man hiding behind a tree taking pictures of the young girls at the pool.I would like Expedia whom booked our hotel to stay there themselves so they can experience the same things I did before they recommend this to anyone else.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Arlene P
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Hi All
I hope this review will help anyone out which is looking to stay at the Monumental Movieland Hotel, in Orlando Florida,
Me and my girlfriend stayed here between the 4th september to the 13th september 2013, our first impresstions was the hotel could do with a new lick of paint on the walls and some new furniture, we requested to stay on the 2nd floor after reading reviews on tripadviser, they put us in room 239 which was ok, had 2 double beds, large flat screen TV, fridge, coffee maker and air conditioning, the room was situated by the outside staircase which was cool because i'm a smoker, the 3rd night into are holiday we come back to the hotel after a night out and realised the air con wasnt working, after ring down to reception they sent house keeping up and then moved us a room 10 doors down on the same floor to room 229, which was a massive pain having to pack and move all are belongings at 12.30 at night but at least they moved us, overall the hotel it self as i have read on tripadvisor is very basic and what you pay is what you get really, you cant grumble on that side,

Location is fantastic, Wet n Wild across the road, if you turn left out the hotel you have a KFC, walgreens, IHOP, Red Lobster and Universal is about 20 mins walk if your up for it, not to much in walk distance if you turn right but buy I-trolley tickets from walgreens for $12 7 day pass and you got the whole of the international drive to see, the hotel is on stop 9, i think stop 14 you have Mcdonalds, burger king ETC and stop 1 is where the premier outlets are, this is a place you must go to get bargains from big retail brands, the down side we found sometimes with the I-trolley you could be waiting for about 20-30 minutes for the bus,

1 last thing, i was looking before i go for the shuttle times to the parks and couldnt find it so here you go,

Disney parks, pick up from hotel 7.30am - 11.20am, picks you up from epcot at 6.00pm-9.00pm-10.05pm
Universal, pick up from hotel 11.20 am, pick you up from universal 9.00pm

overall hotel was ok, if i was to go back to florida i would stay in a different hotel but i had a great holiday,

Room Tip: stay on the second floor, room 229
2 Thank medwell28