“Bad Hotel with website that lies”

Monumental MovieLand
Ranked #242 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The pool is not heated!! They're website says it is but but no its not. There is no hot tub!! We had to call the front desk to get our room cleaned since the maid skipped our room because we were staying a week. We had to leave the water in the shower running for half an hour before it got hot. Our bathroom door did not shut all the way. The bathroom sink overflows at the handle when you use the hot water. The safe in the closet in the room was locked with the key inside so I guess we won't be using that. The breakfast was $3.89 a person and a drink was $2.49. The breakfast food was bad. The bacon was raw, the bisquits were burned, the eggs were greasy as was the 3in. saugages. The shuttle to Universal Studios leaves the hotel at 11:30am but the park opens at 9am and comes back to the hotel at 8pm but the park closes at 10pm. I never saw a person clean the hallways, the pool area, or the parking lot. The free wi-fi in the rooms does not work. There are no extra plugs in the walls for your chargers unless you want to unplug something. I will spend a little extra money and stay at a better hotel next time unfortunately this was my only honeymoon!!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank amy0330
Write a ReviewReviews (1,561)

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at the monumental movieland hotel from March 7th 2013- March 14th 2013, honestly reading all the reviews made me a little nervous but it wasn't as bad as I thought! Upon arrival, the man who checked as in was actually really nice and checked as in rather swiftly. I do agree with previous reviews that the hotel smelled strongly of insect repellant but that didn't really bother me, we collected the shuttle schedule and proceeded towards our room. The room was alright, larger than I had imagined it to be and the bathroom was relatively big. It seemed clean, only complaint is that the shower wasn't working properly, only half of the water that should be coming out of the shower head came out but once again that didn't really bother us as the water was nice and hot. Pillows were also a little strange and at times I ended up having a stiff neck. Rooms were cleaned everyday and it was good. I can tell that the walls of the room were relatively thin as we could hear people talking on the hallway at times but I don't think there was anybody living next to us and we were mostly tired after a long day at the parks and ended up falling asleep really fast due to exhaustion. We took the shuttle to and from Disney, the earlier shuttle was better than the later one the driver seemed to drive safer and the bus was of better quality, you might want to note that buses generally leave on time and they do make pitstops at other hotels as well. I generally had quite a good stay at the monumental movieland and found it to be quite worth the price, I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quieter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is basic but the staff are very helpful and friendly - and they arranged special discount tickets for the theme parks. The hotel although cheap and cheerful was very clean and had good restaurants closeby. I would recommend this place for a short stopover - anything longer than 3 days and you would be better at a better class hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms where clean. The bathroom was clean also. The beds were not to firm. However the guy that was working the night shift was sort of rude. I was there from the night of 3/1/2013 and checked out on the morning of 3/3/2013. There are some other things that they can improve on. The remote control in the room that I was staying in (room #266) was not working. I would still visit again. Hopefully things will be better the next time I visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I ordered online for a very cheap price to go to Universal. I didn't expect too much.
When I arrived, it surprised me. It has mini refrigerator and microwave in room. It's clean and comfortable. Everyone here is friendly! Good experience! Highly recommend!
You can go to Universal by walk in 15 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Spent two nights. Large hotel just short distance from Universal Studios. We had 25 min walk, saving us the $15 parking fee at Universal. Rooms were good. Great beds, firm but not too firm. Room seemed to be recently updated and painted. If any advice to visitor: take a power strip because there was a serious lack of places to plug in items. Room did have refrigerator and microwave and an in-room coffee maker and there was an iron and ironing board. Also our room had a small breakfast table.

Room Tip: Large hotel with many entrances. Ask for room away from Internatonal Drive, though longer walk to lo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff6666
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great place to stay for 2 nights in december 2012! We thought this was excellent value for money as we were able to walk to universal from the hotel. There are lots of restaurants nearby and ate at the buffet breakfast every morning adjacent to the hotel in the steak restaurant. Rooms were clean and comfortable, pool looked nice :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends