“Incredible experience for children and adults”

The Epcot Seas Aqua Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The Seas Aqua Tour allows Guests to swim on the surface of the 5.7-million-gallon saltwater tank inside The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion at Epcot theme park. Guests use a supplied-air snorkel system and do not need to be scuba certified.Guests must be at least 8 years of age to participate. Guests ages 8 to 12 must be accompanied by a paying, participating parent or guardian.Swim with over 6,000 sea creatures representing over 60 species—including sea turtles, angelfish, eagle rays and sharks. The supplied-air snorkel system is simple to use and the equipment keeps you buoyant, so it is easy to float on top of the water. The system does not allow you to dive below the surface, but you'll have a remarkable view of the tranquil sea life below you.The experience lasts 2.5 hours, and Guests will spend approximately 30 minutes swimming in the massive Caribbean Coral Reef aquarium—which until 2005 was the largest saltwater tank in the world. Participants also learn about many of these beautiful creatures and get to see the massive backstage infrastructure required to filter and maintain a vast manmade ocean flourishing with life.All snorkeling equipment is provided. Please bring a swim suit.You can get a closer look at some remarkable aquatic mammals on the Dolphins in Depth tour. If you are a certified scuba diver and wish to dive below the surface of the tank, you may be able to participate in the Epcot DiveQuest program.The Epcot® Seas Aqua Tour is presented by the National Association of Underwater Instructors.
Champaign, Illinois
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Incredible experience for children and adults”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Happy to add another positive review for this amazing experience! So much to rave about . . . The friendly greeting we received from Mike (the BEST guide in the world). Being the first guests to meet a newly rescued manatee. Parading through the guest area of Nemo as Mike yelled, "Divers coming through." Mike surprising us by backstaging my mother so that she could see us snorkel. Watching the huge green head of a sea turtle surface next to me as I entered the water. The complete trust I had in the dive instructors to make my eight year old feel comfortable and confident using her regulator. Swimming alongside stingrays and sharks. Receiving a private audience with the dolphins after snorkeling. The hot showers and hot chocolate at the end of the dive. The great hugs and well wishes from Mike as we departed.

We have made yearly trips to Disney for many years. There is so much my family loves about the parks and the resorts. That said, we all agreed that the EPCOT Seas Aqua Tour was the coolest experience we've ever had at Disney. Please, please consider doing this on your next visit. And when you do, give Mike a hug from the Cook family!

Visited November 2013
5 Thank Elizabeth C

Houston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We went snorkeling at Epcot last week and it was a great experience! I'm so glad I read the reviews here before deciding to make the reservation, because I didn't expect it to be as great of an experience as it was! We swam with sharks, stingrays, sea turtles, groupers and other fish. The back stage tour was awesome too, we got to see the manatees super close up and the dolphins even gave us a little splash as we stopped to watch them. What a wonderful experience, don't miss it if you get the chance.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank JHudgins
Rockwood, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Snorkeling at Epcot”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I am afraid of deep water, but my husband and daughter wanted to snorkel, so I sucked it up. In glad I did. I had a great time after I conquered my fear, with the help of the trained divers that assisted me and listened to me whine. We swam with sea turtles, sting rays, and sharks. It was fun, in a controlled atmosphere. Great for teens. My daughter, age 14, had a lot of fun and stories to tell her friends. It is pricey, but you get what you pay for sometimes. You don't have to pay to go into the park, you can do this separately.

Visited May 2013
6 Thank TamTomK
ABQ, NM
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“"I want to do that!"”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Do not be surpised when other Disney guests point at you and say "I want to do that." Whether you are on your way to the aquarium in your wet suit, or snorkeling in the aquarium itself waving at people who are taking pictures of you, do not be surprised if you are the envy of every other guest in the building. This tour takes you behing the scenes for a look at the care and feeding of the aquatic occupants of EPCOT's Living Seas attraction. You are given a wet suit, see mantees behind the scenes and then escorted through the Living Seas attraction for more presentations and then into the aquarium for over 30 minutes of snorkeling fun. Later, you will get some interaction with the dolphins and more behind the scenes tours. Lockers, showers, soap and shampoo provided. Don't be one of the hundreds that say, "I want to do that" - be one of the few that can say "I did that." You will truly enjoy the experience!

Visited April 2013
6 Thank ABQfamilyguy
San Francisco
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We did this tour last week. The tour started out with a tour of back stage at the aquarium. We learned interesting facts about the animals and then into the aquarium. This was our first experience with scuba equipment, so the instructors were very patient when teaching us to use the equipment. Once we got the hang of it, it was awesome. Complete visibility, warming water and lots of sea life. It is unlike any snorkel experience you could have since you knew what you would see. Sharks, rays, turtles and lots and lots of fish. At the end of the tour we got to visit with the dolphins who were being fed. If you get the chance I would definitely recommend.
A few notes/tips: They have generic corrective lenses masks for those who wear glasses. They worked great for the two people in our party that wear glasses.
If you use your Disney visa you get a discount.
I would recommend for adults and children who are familiar with snorkeling. Everyone will love this unique experience.

Visited March 2013