“Snorkeling at Epcot”

The Epcot Seas Aqua Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: The Seas Aqua Tour allows Guests to swim on the surface of the 5.7-million-gallon saltwater tank inside The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion at Epcot theme park. Guests use a supplied-air snorkel system and do not need to be scuba certified.Guests must be at least 8 years of age to participate. Guests ages 8 to 12 must be accompanied by a paying, participating parent or guardian.Swim with over 6,000 sea creatures representing over 60 species—including sea turtles, angelfish, eagle rays and sharks. The supplied-air snorkel system is simple to use and the equipment keeps you buoyant, so it is easy to float on top of the water. The system does not allow you to dive below the surface, but you'll have a remarkable view of the tranquil sea life below you.The experience lasts 2.5 hours, and Guests will spend approximately 30 minutes swimming in the massive Caribbean Coral Reef aquarium—which until 2005 was the largest saltwater tank in the world. Participants also learn about many of these beautiful creatures and get to see the massive backstage infrastructure required to filter and maintain a vast manmade ocean flourishing with life.All snorkeling equipment is provided. Please bring a swim suit.You can get a closer look at some remarkable aquatic mammals on the Dolphins in Depth tour. If you are a certified scuba diver and wish to dive below the surface of the tank, you may be able to participate in the Epcot DiveQuest program.The Epcot® Seas Aqua Tour is presented by the National Association of Underwater Instructors.
Rockwood, Pennsylvania
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Snorkeling at Epcot”
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

I am afraid of deep water, but my husband and daughter wanted to snorkel, so I sucked it up. In glad I did. I had a great time after I conquered my fear, with the help of the trained divers that assisted me and listened to me whine. We swam with sea turtles, sting rays, and sharks. It was fun, in a controlled atmosphere. Great for teens. My daughter, age 14, had a lot of fun and stories to tell her friends. It is pricey, but you get what you pay for sometimes. You don't have to pay to go into the park, you can do this separately.

Visited May 2013
6 Thank TamTomK

ABQ, NM
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“"I want to do that!"”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Do not be surpised when other Disney guests point at you and say "I want to do that." Whether you are on your way to the aquarium in your wet suit, or snorkeling in the aquarium itself waving at people who are taking pictures of you, do not be surprised if you are the envy of every other guest in the building. This tour takes you behing the scenes for a look at the care and feeding of the aquatic occupants of EPCOT's Living Seas attraction. You are given a wet suit, see mantees behind the scenes and then escorted through the Living Seas attraction for more presentations and then into the aquarium for over 30 minutes of snorkeling fun. Later, you will get some interaction with the dolphins and more behind the scenes tours. Lockers, showers, soap and shampoo provided. Don't be one of the hundreds that say, "I want to do that" - be one of the few that can say "I did that." You will truly enjoy the experience!

Visited April 2013
6 Thank ABQfamilyguy
San Francisco
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“So much fun!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We did this tour last week. The tour started out with a tour of back stage at the aquarium. We learned interesting facts about the animals and then into the aquarium. This was our first experience with scuba equipment, so the instructors were very patient when teaching us to use the equipment. Once we got the hang of it, it was awesome. Complete visibility, warming water and lots of sea life. It is unlike any snorkel experience you could have since you knew what you would see. Sharks, rays, turtles and lots and lots of fish. At the end of the tour we got to visit with the dolphins who were being fed. If you get the chance I would definitely recommend.
A few notes/tips: They have generic corrective lenses masks for those who wear glasses. They worked great for the two people in our party that wear glasses.
If you use your Disney visa you get a discount.
I would recommend for adults and children who are familiar with snorkeling. Everyone will love this unique experience.

Visited March 2013
5 Thank cosmicevil
Washington DC, District of Columbia
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 164 helpful votes
“Excellent behind the scenes and aquarium experience”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

I surprised my husband with this tour as a birthday gift when we were at Disney World. It was really cool to go behind the scenes to see how the aquarium worked but even cooler was swimming in the tank.

The tour starts out with meeting the guides at guest relations outside Epcot. They take you through the back side of the aquarium and give you fun facts about the aquarium (for example the Epcot ball can fit inside the tank and still have room). They explain the types of fish in the tank and how they maintain the tanks. Then you go inside and see where they prep the food for the fish and they explain the diets. You get to walk past the back side of the manatee tanks and watch them for a bit. Then you watch a video about Disney conservation efforts and the snorkeling equipment. Our guide went over how the assisted snorkeling system worked. It's basically a vest and air tank but you stay at the top of the water and don't dive. I thought it was a little odd and would have preferred traditional snorkel and mask.

Then you change into your wetsuit and go through the front of the aquarium where all the guests are. Then we got in the water and snorkeled for about 30 minutes. It was so amazing in the tank. There was a group of 8 of us and I don't think I passed anyone in the 30 minutes except my husband so I almost felt like we had the tank to ourselves!

As we were swimming back to the platform a sea turtle swam right next to us. It was really neat.

When you get out you walk by the backside of the dolphin tank and got to see the trainer interacting with the dolphins for a few minutes. Then you shower and change back to your clothes. As a reminder - bring deodorant and a bag for your wet clothes! I knew they'd have shampoo and conditioner there but I didn't think about lotion and deodorant! Good thing it was a cool day. They also provided towels and there was a blow dryer in the bathroom.

While much at Disney seems overpriced, this tour really seemed like a good value for what you get to experience. I have the Disney Visa Rewards card so I think that got us 10 or 20% off as well. I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of this tour.

Visited January 2013
5 Thank loveshak22
Dahlonega, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Amazing experience!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We booked this tour as a surprise for our 10 year old daughter. She had mentioned wanting to do it and thought it would be a nice surprise.

These tours are conducted only once a day and we had a fairly large group. The guides were very friendly and informative. We met one main guide and two of the divers that would be with us in the water. Before we entered the non-public areas if Disney, we were given the spiel about how we were now entering the real world and that we were always being watched.

We are lead through the locked doors. Needless to say, there's no Disney magic behind those doors. We were led to the aquarium and e dry thing was explained us, like info about the tank, the fish, etc. the guide said that 100% of the tour fee goes directly to the Disney Wildlife Conservation Fund. There was some discussion about its impact. Inspiring stuff. We are led through the public areas of the aquarium for more info about the manatees and to take a look at where we'd be swimming. It's the main viewing tank with the sea turtles.

We are led again through some stairs to a room to sign away our rights and to watch a short video about the sea life in the tank. We are escorted to our locker rooms and everything we need is in a secure locker. Adults wear short sleeved wetsuits and booties. Once dressed, everyone is escorted to the tank. We are instructed on how to put on our tanks and fins. We put everything on and learn how to breath with the breathing apparatus. It's take a bit to get the hang of it.

Once I was comfortable with it, I swam on the surface around the tank. The water was crystal clear sand the sea life was awesome. The sea turtles comes really close. You'll see rays and some small sharks and lots of fish. You can also swim close to the observation windows and wave. Some people will eve wave back!

Before I knew it, 30 minutes flew by, but it was more than enough time. After we were all out of the water, we were led by the dolphin tank and saw a mini private dolphin show. It was amazing.

Afterwards, we were escorted back to the locker rooms to take hot showers. Disney provides shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. They even have hair dryers and towels. When everyone was finished, we went upstairs and filled out a survey about our experience.

Overall, this is something you don't want to miss. This was the most amazing experience I've ever had at Disney. I know it's a bit expensive, but feel good all your money is going to a charity. With your fee, you get a bag, a pin, and plastic message bracelet. You can also get a discount if you are a passholder or have a Disney visa.

Visited December 2012