My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon at the end of November. We had a fabulous experience. I should note, however, that our travel agent arranged for us to have free parking and free internet -- try to do this if you can, it totally helps with the cost. Otherwise it's $16/day for parking and another $16/day for the internet. Adds up!
Beautiful grounds, very well maintained; great for walks. The pool/lazy river is pretty great. They keep the water heated to 84 degrees, so it's nice to swim in even when it gets a bit cold. It is a shallow pool though, never deeper than 5 feet.
Lobby was beautiful. Check-in was quick with a friendly and informative staff member. Housekeeping was pretty spot-on every day, and the turn-down service at night was a really nice touch. They even gave us a complimentary wine and snack cart to help us kick off our honeymoon. Chocolate covered blueberries are my new favorite.
We had a King Lake View room. The bed was PHENOMENAL. Tons of soft cushy pillows, and an amazing featherbed under you. I slept like a rock. Bathroom was huge, and the shower water pressure was nice.
Delicious food, but it definitely costs you. We ate at Citron a few times, but we never went to Primo because we couldn't justify the expense. I would probably recommend just going out for your meals.
Overall we had a really good experience and would go back again, provided we could still finagle the free parking and internet out of the hotel. Otherwise it would just be too pricey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury experience at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in Orlando, Florida, which sits in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott