My wife and I have just got back from staying at the JW Marriott,May 18th-26th.
What a great hotel and resort this is!
The main reason for visiting Orlando was our daughter had chosen it to be the venue for her wedding(which was held at Cypress Grove).Even though we are still young,in our 40's to late 40's the theme parks were of no interest to us,having done them all 5 years previous,so staying at a resort hotel was ideal.The JW Marriott was perfect for us.
We arrived quite late and very tired.The bell staff were very polite and courteous,which impressed us straight away.The lobby wasnt very busy and we didnt have to queue to check in.we were greeted with smiles and check was very smooth.we were also given a 10% discount card to use in the resturants(excluding alcohol).our room was exactely as we had wanted,8th floor with views of the pool,golf course,the ritz-carlton and surrounding area.
We had 2 queen size beds in the room,as requested,desk ,large tv,usually sort of stuff for this star hotel,still plenty of space to move around in.the bathroom was large by american standards with a tub,vanity top,toilet and a great walk in shower cubicle.There was plenty of towels and hot water whenever we wanted a shower.The room was very clean and the maid service was very good also,leaving a bottle of water every day and a couple of chocolates when they had finished the turn down service in the evening.There was only a small balcony which you could stand in,not big enough for chairs.We never used the air con that much,prefering to leave it off,but when we did it was easy to use and adjust.
The actually hotel itself is very impressive and very big.the public areas are very clean and do have nice carpets and fixtures.Being linked to the Ritz-Carlton,it was nice to walk along the wide corridors through the conference centre between the the 2 hotels.
There is a good choice of restaurants and a few small shops.We used the gift shop for water,sweets etc.Starbucks for coffee's and cakes on numerous occasions.Breakfast was in the Citron restaurant.Buffet style or A La Carte.We ate buffet breakfasts mainly which were fantastic,as much as you wanted for about $40 for 2(after discount),never needed lunch that often after the breakfasts we had,sometimes never needed dinner either!Citron did get very busy between 10 and 11,but the wait was only about 10 minutes.We only ate in Citron in the evening a couple of times,and then it was only burgers and club sandwiches,which were about $15-$20.
We had a lovely meal in Primo,the Jw's Italian restaurant.Very good service and very good food.It was $201 excluding tip for 3 courses,2 bottles of water ,3 glasses of wine between us and a single malt whisky(and that was $18,ouch!).very good value though i think(apart from the whisky).
The lobby lounge bar is very nice.It does get very busy in the evening and very noisy.Service can be very slow between 9-11pm.It also has a sushi bar and food can ordered from the citron as well.The alcohol is very expensive in the lounge bar,$6 for a bottle of beer or half a pint of draft beer,$11 for a glass of wine,$13 for a cocktail.You did get free cashew nuts and spicey peas though!
We ate in Quench(the poolside restaurant) once and had a burger and a wrap,a beer and a coke for $30 which was very good,big portions as well.
The Vineyard Grill at the Ritz-Carlton was very good.They specialise in steaks and they were very good indeed.We had our daughters wedding meal there.The staff were great and the food excellent.Just as a guide starters $12-$16,mains$36-$52 and deserts at about $15.
The gym at the ritz-carlton was free for hotel guests and very well equipped.Our daughter used the hair salon for her bridal practice and up do,plus french manicure.she was very impressed with the service they provided.
We never used the pool so couldnt comment,but it did look very good.
I did use the golf course though,and it was wonderful!A truly great designed course and very challenging.You could choose which ever tee you wanted to play,the practice facilitys were excellant and the staff were very helpful.I was the only golfer in my party,but never played alone which was very good.The rates changed while we were staying there,but at the moment it is $95 before 2pm and $65 after 2pm,it was $195 a round when we arrived.
Overall the hotel and resort is excellent and the service provided by all the staff was great.we never had a problem for the 8 days we stayed there.The weather was good as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott