I stayed at the JW Marriott, along with my husband and 9 year old son for our 2 week summer holiday from 17 June to 1 July 2006 and I cannot recommend it highly enough. It truly is a first class hotel with excellent facilities and friendly /helpful stafff. This was our first visit to Orlando and the USA from Scotland (Edinburgh)and it has left us with a very good impression of both. This is without doubt the nicest hotel I have stayed in ANYWHERE
Let me clarify the points a bit. The location of the hotel is ideal. 5 mins to Seaworld and 15 mins for Universal and Disney. (by car)The setting is tranquil and the hotel grounds are gorgeous and well maintained. However for us it was also far enough away from the hustle and bustle of Interrnational Drive.
Upon arrival we were given an upgrade (upon request) and at no extra cost to a lake view room on a high floor so we could see the fireworks displays from the various parks. The room was very comfortable and clean and the bathroom with separate shower excellent. We requested extra coathangers and within 10 minutes we had been given another dozen.
The lazy river is relaxing and when we were there never overcrowded and the pool area has some lovely secluded areas for a bit of peace and quiet. My son had a whale of a time playing in and around the pool and the childrens club staff were great for organising smores evenings and poolside games.
We visited 6 of the various parks whilst there and felt the days spent at the JW were a relaxing break between them all. So much so, sometimes it was difficult to drag ourselves away!!
We ate in the Citron, Primo and Quench Pool Bar at the JW and the Vineyard Grill and lobby bar at the Ritz Carlton. Primo and the Grill were quite expensive, especially with wine but that's what you expect with a hotel of this calibre. All were of a very high standard of food and service with an excellent and very cheap children's menu in Citron and Vineyard Grill. Our particular favourite though, has to be the sushi bar in the lobby of the JW. Very reasonably priced and excellent sushi.
The gym at the Ritz is one of the best equipped I have seen in any hotel, with towels, headsets to the personal moniitors and complimentary bottles of water. I used it quite frequently during my stay and it was always clean cool and well staffed.
Lastly the staff in particular were a credit to the hotel. They really were polite, accomodating and a pleasure to meet. Ricardo the lobby barman is worth a mention for his excellent cocktails. Our turn down service was prompt with extra chocolates being left for my son!!! We did do the Marriott Vacations Club presentation organised through Bobbi. It was very professional and we didn't feel under any particular pressure to sign up. We didn't , but would certainly consider it in future if the JW is an example of other Marriott properties.
The only one negative point I have is the $9 per day parking charge. (which we were charged) Excessive I thought for a 2 week stay - $140.00 (including tax).
Would stay at the JW again in a minute, and in fact would find it difficult to stay anywhere else whilst in Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott