“Great experience”

JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #70 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 24, 2006

Took my two year old daughter to see the Big Mouse. Could have stayed at the hotel the whole time. Great value. Right next to the Ritz. Golf, spa, lazy river for the kids. They don't gouge you on food prices. Would definatley come back and stay longer.

11  Thank slappy111

Reviewed May 10, 2006

Stayed here for a four day conference. Everything was very well organised and this hotel is clearly driven to provide good service. However I have to say I found the overall experience underwhelming, and could not imagine planning a vacation in this hotel. It just came across as a soulless money making machine, with no real identity.

However, my only complaint about the hotel itself is the wafer thin walls (awoken several times) which didn't help me overcome my jetlag! Everything else went very smoothly.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
6  Thank Barmyblade
Reviewed April 22, 2006

4/17-4/22 were original at Savona Suites one night(big mistake) Came here and found heaven we were in room 9015 face pool and lake saw kids never heard them. It was me,husband and 17yr old son. Everything was clean and beautiful, but yet never saw anyone doing the cleaning(I like that) anyway we ate at buffet twice at the Citron 19.00 each very good,but we rent a car and find outside places to eat. We used valet 17.00 per day for us weel worth it. Just had a fantastic tiime really felt like we were on vacation. Also on 3rd floor there are 3 washers and dryers 2.00 per load. It may be expensive but for us if we have to worry about the prices we should not be on vacation.

• Stayed: April 2005
7  Thank quakerquisp
A TripAdvisor Member
london, uk
Reviewed April 20, 2006

The hotel is breaktakingly beautiful and the staff amazingly friendly and attentive. Also good value for money given its a luxury hotel. A totally perfect break!

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 19, 2006

The JW Marriott is a very nice hotel. Great rooms, very good service. Stayed for 3 nights in a 2 doubles room with wife and kids. The furnishings are fabulous. The bathroom is fantastic. We were on the 5th floor with a pool-view room. Did not have a balcony. There was a coffee-maker in the room, as well as an honor bar. No microwave. Internet access is wired only and costs $12.95 a day (noon to noon).

The pool is very nice (warm, max depth about 4 1/2 feet.). The lazy river is very nice. It doesn't carry you fast at all. Much of it is shaded. You must purchase floats for $5 each. The food at the hotel is $$$ and the pool is no exception. The food is very good and portions are large. I did have some trouble getting service at the pool bar (I hate it when there are several people making themselves look busy without serving the customers). They do have servers coming around the pool and asking if you need anything during most of the day. They had Spanish language music playing on the speakers surrounding the pool. I would have preferred a mix of music types (but that's just me). The pool chairs are not cushioned (like the Ritz). Shade is generally available from the palm trees or umbrellas. Overall it is a fantastic pool.

Self parking is available for $9 a day or valet parking is also available. The staff at the front desks was very professional. The hostess at the Citron was a little bit unconcerned. I asked for a seat away from small kids and she made no attempts to do so. After seating, the door to the outside near our table would make a loud shriek when closing (about a dozen times). I asked that something be done about it and received the "can't do anything about it" answer. It was later resolved after I personally took action. When dinner is over $100,I don't expect a screeching door or loud kids. The food was very good and portions were large. A casual lunch was $85. Be advised that food will set you back a lot. There is a Starbucks onsite and several stores.

I would highly recommend staying here. Do not follow the Mapquest directions to the hotel. The best and easiest way is to just get off at the "Sea World" exit. It will take you straight to the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2006
10  Thank CarolinaMatt
Reviewed February 15, 2006

The JW is not a hotel, it is a complex. Paired with the Ritz, this is a wonderful, wonderful place to spend some time in the Orlando area. The lazy river is just fantastic, the workout room is beyond belief (individual tvs for each treadmill), the service was impeccable. My only complaint was that the rooms were a little on the small side. The brunch was the one of the best meals my husband & I have ever had - everything from fresh gooseberries to orange/cranberry french toast. A+ to JW.

• Stayed: December 2005, traveled on business
16  Thank everglades_gal
Reviewed January 22, 2006

From check in to check out we received exceptional service from everyone we encountered. We stayed using our Marriott points, asked for a high floor and we were put on the 25th facing the pool just about center of the hotel. Fantastic views of most of Orlando, were able to watch the Disney fireworks from our balcony. Some of the other reviews had negatives about the room cleanliness, I manage office buildings so I really notice those kind of things but found everything spotless. Also, as far as the timeshare desk - we walked by once and said "no thank you" and never heard another peep from the salesman.

The burgers and fries at the poolside bar were fantastic, so was our server Rhadoo. We live in Orlando and quite often spend overnights in local hotels. We were celebrating our anniversary and did so in style.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to enjoy a beautiful hotel, sleep in an awesome bed and lounge by an incredible pool.

• Stayed: January 2006