My girlfriend and I stayed at the Ritz Carlton (which is next to the JW) last year and could not say enough about the property or the staff. After reading the reviews we decided to give the JW a shot during the weekend of August 19th, 2005. We are glad we did.
We had a suite on the 14th floor overlooking the pool. What a great view. The suite had a seperate bedroom, living room, dressing area and a large bathroom. Could not ask for more. The pool is simply awesome. It is 24,000 feet and holds 900,000 gallons of water. It is the shape of a lazy river with a slight current. The fitness center and the spa are top notch along with the restaurants. We ate at all of the restaurants with the exception of Primo and the food was perfection.
The one thing that stood out was that all of the employees greeted you or said good morning or afternoon. This was from the desk personnel all the way to the maintenance personnel. There was a negative review regarding the staff at the pool. I did not encounter this at all, in fact they were always offering drinks or ice water (since it was 98 degress).
Regardless of what property you stay at (Ritz or JW) you cannot go wrong. Which one will we stay at next year. I am leaning towards the JW.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott