“ Beautiful place”

Ranked #66 of 336 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“ Beautiful place”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed a 4 day business stay here. Rooms are great and comfortable. Huge bathroom. Amenities are classy. Lap pool, fitness center and rec pools. Restaurants are good. Shares grounds with the Ritz Carlton. Golf course looks nice.
Highly recommend staying here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (731)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Novato, California
Reviewed March 29, 2014

3 day business trip on site so no Disneyworld :-(...still, it wasn't bad at all. Good rooms, food was fine. The grounds are really nice, landscaped great with plenty of pools options. Check out was ok and service overall was fine. Due to the amount of stone work it was noisy in the lobby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
south florida
Reviewed March 28, 2014

This was my second stay at this property - both times I stayed 4 days on business. Since we were scheduled all day long, we ate three meals daily on property, and I can say, and my coworkers agreed, that the food quality has taken a dire plunge since last year. It can be best compared to a Carnival cruise. Many times, the food was served tapas style, which just created long lines at stations, and even though the plates were small you could only carry a couple at a time, and then your food got cold, dishes stacked up because staff weren't clearing quickly, and it just became a mess. One day were served lunch outside and they had a station set up with burger toppings, but no burgers. There were a couple items that were good to very good, but overall, not good. Conference rooms were freezing cold to the point of severe discomfort - I was truly miserable. Final note for the business traveler, cell service in the rooms was terrible and my room phone never worked. And ladies, wear comfie shoes ... it's a looong haul from the elevators to the conference rooms. OK ... some good things ... the property is beautiful, the staff are all friendly and helpful, and the rooms are a nice size with comfy beds and really amazing pillows. I will say the AC kicking on and off sounded like a hovercraft landing, so if you are a light sleeper, take note. The aromatherapy upon arrival is amazing, it's a nice first impression. Pool area is very nice, but lots of kids. If there is an opportunity, would highly recommend a trip to Whisper Creek Farms, the property's "farm to fork" concept. WOW! I would go back for that alone. Would I travel here for leisure, yes.

Room Tip: Beware the corner rooms unless you want a very very long walk to the elevators.
1 Thank tortugas2x
Jazzy_Vazquez, Administrative Assistant, Rooms Division at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. It is appreciated that you took the time to send a note regarding your recent stay with us. I was very disappointed to hear that the enjoyment of your food and beverage experience was below your expectations and thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will certainly investigate how we can improve upon the serving temperature during banquets and make the changes immediately. Thank you for the great comments about our associates, we will pass this information along. We truly hope you are able to visit again and enjoy our Resort.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Not only is the hotel beautiful inside but the grounds the hotel sits on are amazing as well. If you are lucky you might even get to see a gator nearby the land preserve. The best feature of this hotel is the Sushi Bar, that's a must stop in at! Staff were great and of course the nearby connection with the Ritz-Carlton is fantastic for one of the best spas i have ever gotten in a workout in.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the land preserve.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave S
Jazzy_Vazquez, Administrative Assistant, Rooms Division at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am pleased to know you had a wonderful time at our resort and that you enjoyed our very popular Sushi Bar. We hope to welcome you again next time you visit the Orlando area!
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Everything about this property was well done! Even though the hotel is large, it felt warm and inviting from the start, I arrived before noon so no rooms were yet ready - I must have looked travel weary because the front desk staff immediately offered me 500 Marriott Rewards points, some bottled water and the "hospitality manager" checked my bags and walked me over to the bar and found me a comfortable seat to relax while waiting. He also handed me his business card with a cell phone number and said to call him at any time if I needed assistance. Now that's service! The hotel lobby and bar area are understated elegance with marble everywhere. The room is also well done - clean and modern with a large bathroom. The grounds and pool area are beautiful. I thought that the lazy river feature might make the outdoor area too noisy and filled with kids, but it was very easy to find a quiet place to enjoy the sun and relax in peace and quiet. All and all, everything about this hotel is JUST RIGHT.

2 Thank Lou C
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! Our goal is to always ensure our guests are satisfied with their service experience. I am sincerely happy to know we have achieved this goal. We truly value your comments and look forward to welcoming you in the near future!
NC
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed here for one night (business trip) on March 21. The hotel is beautiful and the service was excellent! We had breakfast, lunch and dinner along with several snacks for breaks there. The food was really delicious. The chef does some amazing sweet potato dishes!! The homemade granola bars and banana nut bread bread with a Nutella glaze were fantastic. The gym (spa) was super. I highly recommend this hotel for business or leisure travel.

1 Thank Ilovenc
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Traveled to Orlando and stayed at JW Marriott for the first time. I notice the rates had reduced approx $200 from when I initially began looking for hotel accommodations. Upon check in staff were pleasant and immediately told me about things to do at the resort and local restaurants. I was given 500 points due to being a Elite Marriott reward member. The view was great viewing orlando and the golf course. At night I could see the fire works from my balcony. balcony are very small no space for lounge chairs. It was very chilly for so I did not have a chance to swim in lazy river but watching the ducks enjoy themselves was a treat. Also sitting by the fire outside at nite was also very relaxing. The bar was very busy at nite so get there early if you would like a seat in the lounge area. It was clear staff take great pride in keeping the hotel rooms and landscaping extremely clean. The hotel shares property with the Ritz Carlton. The entire resort was beautiful and very relaxing.

Room Tip: Request higher floor for great view
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business