JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
$127
$261
$191
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$289
Hyatt.com
$187
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$149
$138
  • Restaurant
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$493
$391
Travelocity
3,395 results
All reviewsthe ritzlazy rivercitron restaurantpool areaself parkingbeautiful hotellobby barresort feeturn down servicebusiness conferencebreakfast buffetkids activitiesper dayfitness centerluxury hotellake viewroom rate
Reviewed September 7, 2008

We booked our stay online with Marriott at a discounted rate which the hotel refused to honor upon our arrival, despite our presenting a written confirmation from the hotel showing the discounted rate. After arguing with management for the four days we were there, we were finally given a rate that was still $30/day over the reservation price. The management there is not concerned about customer service, unless you are a convention guest, of which there were literally hundreds while we were there. (One of the convention goers told me that several members of her party got food poisoning from the sushi.) This hotel is pretty, but definitely not the place to stay for a vacation.

2  Thank travelsalot38
Reviewed September 7, 2008

Hubby and I spent four nights here beginning Labor day. Wonderful room, absolutely spotless. The turndown service was great and the housekeeper always gave us a big pile of chocolates! Maybe it was due to our tip but I know my husband appreciated it. The fragrance in the lobby is very relaxing and immediately put me in a "vacation" state of mind, though other guests might find it too strong. The staff were quick, efficient and professional without being too pushy or "in your face". The prices at the restaurants are pretty outrageous, but it's a resort so I was prepared. For example, two wrap sandwiches, one margarita and two beers at the pool bar ran $75. It was the best grilled shrimp wrap I've ever had, though! Well worth it. The pina colada was wonderful and I made sure to indulge everyday! Primo was AWESOME. Dinner with a good bottle of wine ran $150 and I didn't regret a cent.

My husband and I LOVED the lazy river. The pool shop (where the innertubes can be purchased for $5) was closed when we first arrived, so we just hopped in and swam around. We discovered it was such good exercise to do it this way that we never even bought the floaties! Late in the week, I made a comment to my husband that I kind of felt like floating, but as we only had one day left I wouldn't bother purchasing one. My husband said, "They aren't free? So this whole time, everyone just thinks we're being cheap?" We got a good laugh about that.

It was a slow week so my husband and I never had any problem getting chairs or service. The only annoyance I had was when a got a cut at the pool and ran up to the front desk to see if they had a band-aid. They were a little too efficient and made a call to security to bring me a band-aid before I could say "don't worry about it". Unfortunately, since I had just trotted up from the pool, I didn't have a cent on me and the security person had his hand out for a tip. Awkward moment that I usually avoid by keeping tip money handy, but oh well!

We also loved loved loved the fitness center. We work out at a pretty nice club and let me tell you--it doesn't have anything on the Ritz fitness center. Absolutely first class, perfect temp, water bottles handy, immaculate equipment, you name it.

I read reviews on TA obsessively before choosing a hotel and I can't remember ever being too disappointed. I am pretty picky about things, but I also have the ability to have fun and just let things GO. You can find fault with any place, but I was hard pressed to find anything to complain about. Go and enjoy!

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We stayed at the JW Marriott in Orlando over Labor Day weekend and absolutely loved it. The rooms and lobby were very nice. Our favorite part was the lazy river pool - it was so tropical! Also - the Marriott did have security at the pool entrance over the weekend verifying that everyone entering the pool area was a hotel guest. So we did not have any trouble with over crowding at the pool and there were plenty of pool chairs! Overall - a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2008

This place on the surface is beautiful but the service experience is awful. The kids activities were very lame and the property does not have a water silde, only a temporary blow up kind of slide. The people organizing the kids club were confused and always started late. On Labor Day weekend, they had a Pinata that was a really dangerous situation and an accident waiting to happen. The food prices at pool side for a Hamburger were nuts-- $16!! There were not enough sun umbrellas and the staff does nothing when guests put a towel on their umbrella in the morning and disappear to "own" their spot for the whole day even if they do not use it. What is worse is that they are building a time share and the time share guests will have access to all hotel facilities which means that it will be even more crowded with more people using the same resources. The hotel obviously has a strategy of cutting back on staff to save money. As an example, we had to wait 30 minutes for a table at breakfast. Stay away from this place for now--definitely not worth it.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
3  Thank topresorts
Reviewed September 1, 2008

Just got back from a five day stay at JW Marriott in Orlando. Took the advice for others on this site and rented a car- good choice. Property is on a seculded 300+ parcel, kind of off the beaten path. Room rate included hot breakfast buffett daily for my wife, me and twp kids. Buffett at citron was fantastic! Waiter Alberto was great.. delivered perfect service to us daily and made our stay even better.
Hotel was beautiful and the room was spotless. Staff was extremely friendly, and went out of their way to help and assist at all times. Adjoining Ritz Carlton pool was great too, and the ability to use facilities at the Ritz was outstanding. Valet parking was a tad expensive, but in/out priviledges made up for it. Iced lemo and citrus water in the lobby was a great draw for parched guests, and tasted great. Simple gestures like ice cold lemon water on arrival distinguish the hotel from look alike resorts. We had a great tiem, never had an issue with housekeeping or clenliness and will most definitely return on next trip to orlando.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family