Hubby and I spent four nights here beginning Labor day. Wonderful room, absolutely spotless. The turndown service was great and the housekeeper always gave us a big pile of chocolates! Maybe it was due to our tip but I know my husband appreciated it. The fragrance in the lobby is very relaxing and immediately put me in a "vacation" state of mind, though other guests might find it too strong. The staff were quick, efficient and professional without being too pushy or "in your face". The prices at the restaurants are pretty outrageous, but it's a resort so I was prepared. For example, two wrap sandwiches, one margarita and two beers at the pool bar ran $75. It was the best grilled shrimp wrap I've ever had, though! Well worth it. The pina colada was wonderful and I made sure to indulge everyday! Primo was AWESOME. Dinner with a good bottle of wine ran $150 and I didn't regret a cent.
My husband and I LOVED the lazy river. The pool shop (where the innertubes can be purchased for $5) was closed when we first arrived, so we just hopped in and swam around. We discovered it was such good exercise to do it this way that we never even bought the floaties! Late in the week, I made a comment to my husband that I kind of felt like floating, but as we only had one day left I wouldn't bother purchasing one. My husband said, "They aren't free? So this whole time, everyone just thinks we're being cheap?" We got a good laugh about that.
It was a slow week so my husband and I never had any problem getting chairs or service. The only annoyance I had was when a got a cut at the pool and ran up to the front desk to see if they had a band-aid. They were a little too efficient and made a call to security to bring me a band-aid before I could say "don't worry about it". Unfortunately, since I had just trotted up from the pool, I didn't have a cent on me and the security person had his hand out for a tip. Awkward moment that I usually avoid by keeping tip money handy, but oh well!
We also loved loved loved the fitness center. We work out at a pretty nice club and let me tell you--it doesn't have anything on the Ritz fitness center. Absolutely first class, perfect temp, water bottles handy, immaculate equipment, you name it.
I read reviews on TA obsessively before choosing a hotel and I can't remember ever being too disappointed. I am pretty picky about things, but I also have the ability to have fun and just let things GO. You can find fault with any place, but I was hard pressed to find anything to complain about. Go and enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott