This is a beautiful property that is really its own oasis in Orlando -- two hotels, the JW Marriott and the Ritz, together, sharing gorgeous acreage featuring lush landscaping and well-manicured golf grounds.
My friends and stayed here for the Capital One Bowl and found it to be the perfect headquarters for our needs. We had sushi and drinks upon arrival in the outdoor area that is party of the Lobby Lounge, and we found the Hawaiian Spicy Roll to be really good. (Drinks are expensive, but that's pretty much how it goes at nice hotels.) During our time in the hotel, we ate at Norman's next door at the Ritz (a real culinary treat -- but, again, bring your wallet!), had snacks from the Bodega (good option for breakfast sandwiches at around $8 a pop), had lunch at Quench (service was good, but food was just basic bar fare) and ordered drinks at Primo. We also tried the Primo breakfast bar prior to check out and gave that a thumbs up. I took a tour of the spa, but unfortunately didn't have enough time to get a massage there, like I had hoped. The spa facilities looked very nice, and all of the pool areas, including the spa pool, were really attractive and had great landscaping.
Our room itself was very nice, but somewhat conservative in terms of the decor and pretty "expected." I do appreciate the beautiful original art in each room at JW Marriotts. Very nice. The bathroom was the best part of the room -- sizable, with marble floors, glass shower and separate tub. Everything was very clean, and we appreciated the housekeeping employees.
As you might guess, there are a lot of families and children at these properties, due to Orlando being such a destination for this demographic. But it seemed there was enough for all to do to keep everyone happy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Marriott, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott