“Fantastic!”

JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #73 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 22, 2013

What an awesome place! From the moment we arrived, to our departure, we truly enjoyed this resort! The grounds were immaculate, rooms very clean, very spacious and the resort staff were above any we have ever experienced. I had an issue with lack of open computers to print our boarding passes, needless to say, the front desk took complete control of my situation and I was out of there in no time! The kids loved the lazy river and the activities guided for them! Location was very close to all of our planned activities....I give this resort an "excellent" and we will return....

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank love2cavies
Write a ReviewReviews (3,308)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed at the JW Marriott in May 2013 for six nights. I met my family there and the six of us shared three rooms. The hotel property was beautiful, and the staff were obviously well trained. They made every effort to accommodate some special arrangements we needed. The two double rooms we booked were comfortable enough for two large grown men to share without getting in each others way. I would have preferred queen size beds to the full sized ones that were available, but I am used to having a king size to myself at home.

My favorite feature of the hotel was the large pool area that included a lazy river that wound its way through the beautiful tropical landscaping. We were at the pool every evening when the weather permitted and had it mostly to ourselves. It was very relaxing.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Orlando, but I think it would be best for those attending conventions at the adjoining convention center. I think families and leisure travelers might want to stay somewhere closer to Downtown Disney or areas of Orlando with a better density of nightlife and restaurants. I have nothing bad to say about this hotel, but it did seem a bit like you were on an island.

Room Tip: You might inquire about an upgrade to a suite. My brother and his wife were offered a free upgrade...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mlawn2006
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend getaway and had an amazing time. Our room was very spacious and clean. We had a full view of the pool, lake and golf course from our room (we were on the 21 floor). Loved the separate shower and tub. The check in staff was extremely friendly and even valet calls you by your name, its those little things that add up to make for a lasting impression. My husband and I opted for the romance package and it was indeed romantic, when we came back from dinner, they had rose petals on the floor and a heart made out of the petals on our bed with chocolate covered strawberries. We had a great relaxing time. I highly recommend this hotel. We will most definitely be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FlaRacer
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed 3 nights for a business function that included use of the banquet dining, conference rooms, restaurant dining, lobby lounge, pool, fitness center, and golf. Every bit of it was outstanding, and the staff throughout the property was among the friendliest I have ever encountered. My only complaint was that I wanted a room with a king bed but I got two doubles. Unfortunately, the hotel was busy and no king beds were available at the time, but the desk staff was friendly and tried to offer me a larger room (but still 2 double beds).

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was our second stay in the JW Marriott Grande Lakes for a weekend getaway. Every touch point is polished and welcoming. Unlike some other Marriott properties that cater to business meetings (e.g. Orlando World Center) we never felt like business guests had priority over us. We love this hotel and would go back without hesitation.

Our room was very clean and well appointed. When was the last time you saw a separate bathtub and shower in a hotel? Yeah, I thought not. This hotel has 'em. They could use a few more power outlets for the smorgasbord of chargers everyone has nowadays, but that's a minor quibble.

The restaurant on the ground level has the best breakfast buffet I've ever had (which is a lot). It's worth every penny.

The pool area is large, and while we didn't go for the lazy river the layout and landscaping makes it seems smaller and more private (in a good way). There's a great walking path that connects the JW Marriott to the adjoining Ritz Carlton.

We're looking for an excuse to go back!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

This is the best resort in the world!
We come on stay-cations because we love it so much! The staff are the best people on earth, they are so family friendly it has become our 2nd home. They have the best lazy river & pool area, great cuisine & amenities...A+ for luxury too, they got it going on!!!!

Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank orangeugreat
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This hotel is part of the Grande Lakes resort also housing the Ritz Carlton. Having both hotels on one property makes this the most comprehensive non-Disney property in Orlando.

The hotel has a lazy river (so fun!), and a family friendly brunch buffet.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends