Stayed 7 nights in August for family vacation. Being a platinum member, I requested for an upgrade to a suite when checking in but they told me that one would be available after 2 nights so I was upgraded to a suite for the final five nights. Ask for the lake/swimming pool view instead of the city view.
Property. It's a very large property which they share with Ritz Carlton. It has a very tropical feel everywhere especially the pool areas. The lazy river is 3-4 ft deep which connects the various pools which is between 3-5 ft deep. No shortage of chairs even though the hotel was pretty packed. The pool bar/restaurant was great, the food was delicious and when we did have a problem with couple of items, they did correct the problem right away. The prices for the food was reasonable, however the alcohol drink prices were off the charts. This plus the 18% mandatory gratuity can add up quickly. I did not have issues with the gratuity since the service from the bar/staff was outstanding. The only complaint I had was the pool /restaurant restroom which was disgusting. We ended up coming back in to the hotel to use the restroom.
Golf: it's a course shared with Ritz right the property. It's a decent track designed by Greg Norman although I feel the course at Shingle Creek and Omni were better. You can save money by booking through golfnow.com instead of calling the course or the concierge. I payed $39 vs the $89.
Service. Overall this is where they shine from the bell hop , housekeeping, and front desk staff. They were all very friendly and my family did appreciate the friendly service. The only minor annoyance was the Marriott vacation club sales people who have a desk set up in the lobby and also near the exit to the pool who will keep asking you to go see their timeshare property when you walk by.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury experience at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in Orlando, Florida, which sits in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott