“Amazing Staff”

JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #73 of 341 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just spent a night with our girls at the JW Marriott in Orlando, i have stayed at a lot of JW's around the world so this should be nice. the staff was truly amazing form the pool bar manager getting me Gluten free beer to the Jesse the chef going through the gluten free menu items...impressive. the Poole was very nice but as people said hard to get a seat, at 11:00 they are taken up...wish they had cabanas or something?
The real issue i had was the fist thing my 5 year old girls pointed out was the rotting towels and underwear on the ledge below us. Seems strange that in a JW Marriott that this wouldn't be taken care of before a guests points it out. Any way my girls wouldn't go out on the patio now, call the front desk and they sent maintenance up. They just scratched their head and left leaving the rotting clothes there...get a dam pole and a ladder its not that hard.
also the place is noisy could here the people walking int eh halls and moaning at 11:00 at night., the hotel like the JW should be more sound proof than that. 2 5 year old and a 3 year old don't need to heard some load moaning lady.....
if it wast for the AMAZING staff & pool i am not sure i would go back, i think that for the money you can stay at better Marriott's

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank SkyFactory
Write a ReviewReviews (3,296)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My mom and I stay in Orlando for a weekend every year to celebrate my birthday. We had been staying at the Hilton Bonnet Creek the last couple of years since we love the lazy river pool. Last year we decided to eat at Primo in the JW Marriott and when we saw its pool we knew we had to try it out. Needless to say the hotel is fantastic. Our room was upgraded upon check-in - the room was gorgeous, separate tub and glassed in shower, view of the pool. All the staff were amazing, highly professional, and very friendly. Had dinner again this year at Primo, which was fantastic. The pool is open until 11:00 p.m. so we took a night swim and enjoyed the hot tubs. The property is stunning, we will definitely return next year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The JW Marriott/Ritz Carlton compound is amazing. It is a treasure outside of Disney World. The two hotels are connected by the Ritz Carlton Spa, which is amazing. There is a fantastic Ritz Carlton golf course as well. They now offer a vacation club on the premises. There is a large JW Marriott pool and a smaller Ritz Carlton pool as well as a separate children's pool. The restaurants in both hotels are very good. Overall the cleanliness is OK, I have been staying there since they opened and have noticed it has not been as clean as it once was. Overall, a very nice hotel complex.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I honestly can't say enough good things about the JW. Everything was great. Amazing food. Amazing pool. Great location close to everything but still far enough away to not feel in the heart of all the theme park madness. While I was there with some girlfriends, it is definitely a place I hope to bring my family to soon!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. Everyone was very accomodating. My room was ready early which was awesome. Rooms nice and comfortable and clean. The gym was nice and the pool was awesome. It was around 92 so being inthe pool was great. Would love to come back and stay longer.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ravenschick
Reviewed July 27, 2013

In the sense of large, this place is grand. The lobby has the quiet charm and intimacy of an aircraft hanger. And where a hotel is large, there will be attendant large amounts of people. If you are looking for a peace, this is probably not your best bet.

There were a number of minor but annoying problems. The bedside clock was 15 minutes late (remind me to tell you about the time the clock alarm went off at 330 am- the room people hadn't switched it off). The toilet lid wouldn't stay up which is a problem for 50% of readers. Room service took 25 minutes with a simple task. I was on hold for about a minute each time I called the hotel operator. I ate at two restaurants- both of them had a lengthy period between being seated and being attended to- I hate that, don't you?

None of these are terribly important issues but together they do perhaps suggest- how shall I put this?- a slight lack of rigor when catering to large numbers of people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank trripman
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I again returned to the J W for our wedding anniversary. The JW never seem to disappoints. From the moment we walked in the door my husband and I were made to feel important. Cher in the lobby bar was magnificent .Forgot my phone charger at home and the concierge were more than happy to charge it for me everyday. The pool was a little packed because this was during the 4th of July holiday but that was well to be expected. Wewill return again for our anniversary next year asthis is now our tradition. Thank you JW for not disappointing us again.

• Stayed: July 2013