A work conference again brought me to Orlando. It was about a 15-20 minute drive from MCO to this resort. With all full service hotels, there were several bellman and valet attendants as you arrived. The lobby was very grand and the front desk staff was attentive, but that's what I expect from a JW Marriott. There are several restaurants throughout the hotel and 3 shoppes in the lobby leading to the conference area. There is also a Starbucks and the Bodega which sells breakfast sandwiches and quiches, as well as other snacks. The bar area was very lively during the 3 nights that we were there. The rooms were standard for a hotel of this caliber. There was a stand alone shower and a separate bath tub which was nice. I thought there was a great feature with these little reading lights attached to the headboard but none of them worked. There are In-room movies which we thought of using during the rainstorm, but changed our mind when we saw the prices. They do have $4.99 movies, but we'd already seen them because they've been out for almost a year. The highlight of the hotel was the pool which was AMAZING. There are hundreds of lounge chairs and lots of entrances to the pool. There are two areas to pool towels or buy pool toys and the much needed inner tube ($8) for the lazy river. Since I had read previous reviews, I new about the charge and brought my daughter's inner tube, but caved in and had to buy one for myself. The pool was very relaxing and when I wasn't in my meeting that's where we spent all of our time. Although there were many people around, everyone was spaced out and had their own corners. There is a part of the pool where I saw many younger kids (infants and toddlers). It mimicked a beach without sand. You could walk into the pool and it got deeper as you walked in. I believe the deepest part of the pool was 4'5"-5'. There are servers walking around if you wanted to order food or drinks. There is also a poolside restaurant. Plenty of restrooms around there. We didn't notice any changing areas. There are also several hot tubs throughout. There is a sand beach volleyball court, a small playground and a firepit spread around the grounds. It's really hard to describe and the hotel website descriptions and pictures do it now justice. One other amenity we used was the laundry room with 3 washers and 3 dryers. It's $1 for detergent. $1 for dryer sheet. $2/load/washer/dryer. There's a folding station and a TV to watch while waiting. The Citron restaurant was good. There is a little ice cream corner which was a fun treat. All kids meals were $10 and they had a decent selection. The JW is next to the Ritz and I spoke with many people that walked around their grounds and had dinner in their restaurants or enjoyed the spa. Lastly, there is a charge for parking (I can't remember the cost) and the internet ($9.99 for 24 hour period).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott