New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cleveland
“It's the J Dub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Beautiful property on the edge of Orlando, but not far from the airport (MCO). Situated between the Marriott Vacation Club and Ritz Carlton sitting on a stunning 900 acres which includes a Greg Norman 18 hole golf course. My wife and I had a tremendous (pricey at $25 per person) buffet breakfast at the J Dub, but it was worth every penny...come hungry. Even better was the Italian restaurant on the property, wonderful fresh food (we later found out during one of our walks that much of the food is organically grown on the property) and great table service at a reasonable price. Really enjoyed my golf day at the Greg Norman course, I was given a ride from the hotel by a staff member to the golf club house. They have green fee specials in the afternoon and I was still able to get in all 18; along with the two guys they hooked me up with. Our forecaddie was great and kept things moving along. You can use any of the three pool complexes at the property, but we pretty much stayed at the J Dub.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sultan1950

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (657)
  • Hebrew first
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel/resort is one that keeps giving and giving. First of all.....BEAUTIFUL property. From the entry, to the walking path, to the golf course, to the food, to the patios, bars, restaurants, pools, activities, I could go on and on! I was here in January 2013 for a business trip for one week. My room, a double, was big and spacious. I was on the 18th floor and the elevators were efficient and speedy. This is important when company is having a meeting and large groups of people are moving on elevators at once. The food was surprisingly, really good. I loved that fact that I found a herb and vegetable garden on the property that is used by the kitchen. The food seemed to be prepared in a scratch kitchen and it was delicious even for the large banquet dinners. The staff was efficient and helpful. No blank stares when asking about surrounding areas, taxi service and/or restuarants off property. I can easily return here with my family for a personal vacation.

Room Tip: I prefer a high floor with good sunlight and a balcony. Be sure to make this request if important t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank IndyAnna0418
Lakeland, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We took advantage of the AAA rate during the high season for a quick mother daughter spa get away. Property adjoins Ritz Carlton Spa which is first rate, elegant, and offers Florida resident discounts. Otherwise, this is a pricey spot. Sushi in the JW bar is excellent and the hotel is expansive and comfortable. Find a package which includes breakfast (excellent) and free parking.... Spa pool is beautiful, lazy river pool is huge and great for families. Courteous, helpful staff ; we love coming here every year. Also very close to Sea World and Discovery Cove....

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pools and lake offer a panoramic view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kim D
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great hotel and lazy river pool. Hotel staff was excellent! Fitness center is great. Nice hotel in Orlando area. Easy check in and check out. We visited in March 2013 and hotel was not crowded at all.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maevecc
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I took a family vacation to Orlando last month and had the privilege of staying at this gorgeous hotel! The Kids loved the lazy river and pool and the service was great! My wife and I were able to get away for a while and head over to the Ritz Carlton restaurant for dinner. Overall, wonderful hotel, great service, lovely rooms and relaxing outdoor amenities. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank James S
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the July 4th weekend while attending a conference with my sorority. The staff was beyond hospitable. Conveniently, there are some shops and even a Starbucks located on the first floor of the hotel. The lazy river and pool area was absolutely wonderful considering it was very hot and humid during our stay. The servers were great during all of our meals, as well. The property is very well maintained. It is located outside of Orlando central, but there is an airport shuttle to and from the hotel, which can be arranged rather conveniently. I also took a shuttle to Disney World which was great as well. I highly recommend the hotel, especially if you have children that like to swim in the summer time. It's a great option if you don't want to stay at Disney World but would like to have access to the park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank deltalove1989
Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here this past week for 3 nights. Marriott is my preferred hotel so it is hard to say that I was disappointed with this hotel. I have stayed at other JWs and this hotel is older and in some places appears to be worn. Check in was painful even though I was in the Elite check in line. took over 15 minutes as the gentleman was trying to locate two rooms on the same floor. Rooms are average and the refrigerator did not work. Had a lovely view of the parking lot and subdivision.

Spent most of my time at the pool adn it was very nice. Also had wonderful experience at the spa. Food and drinks were very over priced - Average $35 to $45 for lunch and one drink.

Used the hotel shuttle provided by Mears to Downtown Disney and that was a disaster. Took four phone calls and 1 1/2 hours before someone picked us up to take us back to the hotel. I would recommend taking a cab.

Room Tip: Request room away from elevators as I heard them the entire night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends