“What an amazing hotel!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Iowa City, Iowa
“What an amazing hotel!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My family and I took a family vacation to Orlando last month and had the privilege of staying at this gorgeous hotel! The Kids loved the lazy river and pool and the service was great! My wife and I were able to get away for a while and head over to the Ritz Carlton restaurant for dinner. Overall, wonderful hotel, great service, lovely rooms and relaxing outdoor amenities. I would highly recommend to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank James S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the July 4th weekend while attending a conference with my sorority. The staff was beyond hospitable. Conveniently, there are some shops and even a Starbucks located on the first floor of the hotel. The lazy river and pool area was absolutely wonderful considering it was very hot and humid during our stay. The servers were great during all of our meals, as well. The property is very well maintained. It is located outside of Orlando central, but there is an airport shuttle to and from the hotel, which can be arranged rather conveniently. I also took a shuttle to Disney World which was great as well. I highly recommend the hotel, especially if you have children that like to swim in the summer time. It's a great option if you don't want to stay at Disney World but would like to have access to the park.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank deltalove1989
Indiana
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed here this past week for 3 nights. Marriott is my preferred hotel so it is hard to say that I was disappointed with this hotel. I have stayed at other JWs and this hotel is older and in some places appears to be worn. Check in was painful even though I was in the Elite check in line. took over 15 minutes as the gentleman was trying to locate two rooms on the same floor. Rooms are average and the refrigerator did not work. Had a lovely view of the parking lot and subdivision.

Spent most of my time at the pool adn it was very nice. Also had wonderful experience at the spa. Food and drinks were very over priced - Average $35 to $45 for lunch and one drink.

Used the hotel shuttle provided by Mears to Downtown Disney and that was a disaster. Took four phone calls and 1 1/2 hours before someone picked us up to take us back to the hotel. I would recommend taking a cab.

Room Tip: Request room away from elevators as I heard them the entire night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kat W
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stayed over Christmas 2012, sadly the weather was very poor-cold and cloudy. The hotel pool heater wasn't working so couldn't be used. We Went and used the Ritz Carltons pool which was OK but still not warm enough. The pool areas where deserted due to the weather. The breakfast is very good but service was poor/none existent on very busy days. There was a great childrens entertainment running with films and one of the ball rooms had been converted into a childrens paradise with games, bouncy castles and Wii's. The hotel is very impressive with grand public areas and it is all tastefully decorated. The room was adequate, two comfy double beds, lovely bathroom and great view over golf course. I would stay here again but not when the weather isn't a guaranteed 25 minimum. I do realise the weather is beyond anyones control but it put a real downer on our stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great view over Orlando
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dalton, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Monday, 3/18, after a stay at our time share resort. We wished we could have stayed for many more nights....we loved it. The beautiful pool/lazy river was great, and we enjoyed it after checking out for the entire afternoon - we didn't want to leave. My husband golfed the day we checked in, and only had to walk from the pool area across a little bridge to get to the golf course. There is a wonderful walking path all along the property of the Ritz Carlton, the JW, and the time share areas, which provides a nice long walk/run. Many people were running or walking and enjoying the beautiful surroundings. Lunch at the pool was very good, although pricey, but standard for this type of hotel. Service was excellent (Sean was the waiter and couldn't have been nicer).

We've decided that, in the future, when we plan to use our timeshare in Orlando for a week, we will tack a couple of days onto the end or beginning of our trip, and spend some time at the JW Orlando.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the golf course would be great, although we stayed in one facing the front of the build...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BERKSHIREBRAT
JazzyVazquez, Administrative Assistant- Rooms Division at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I am thrilled to learn that your experience at our resort was outstanding. I will be happy to share your comments with Sean. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Kindly,
Jazzy Vazquez
Administrative Assistant, Rooms Division
East Longmeadow, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here 3 times now and it is the same experience every time. From the moment u walk in the front door you feel as if the employees go above and beyond the normal Marriott standards to make your stay something above the rest. We spent most of our time at the Lazy River and pool areas. You can spend all day and still not get bored. If you want to treat yourself to something above a normal vacation then book here. Yes there is cheaper alternatives. But the JW was worth the extra money and more. We will be returning our next trip.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Jc103
Toronto
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Went there with the whole family and I would highly recommend it. It is a beautiful property. The outdoor pool area is like nothing I have ever seen. You can spend the entire day out there and never get tired of the amenities. This hotel is definitely upscale in my books.

Room Tip: Loved the hotel. Ask for a room facing the pool as the view is spectacular. You really can't g...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family