Traveled to this hotel as part of a business trip that doubled as a family get away. Was joined by my wife, and our nearly two year-old daughter.
Hotel is beautiful, and very well kept. All staff were very kind and accommodating throughout our stay. Room was spacious and comfortable.
Attractions in Orlando are nearby (but far enough away not to be trapped in tourist only zones). Food/drink prices are high but comparable to other luxury resorts and/or anything in Disney World.
Fantastic pool with both parts good for adults and child (lazy river). Be mindful to bring your own tubes (or go buy at walmart or target nearby) as JW Marriott tubes are vastly overpriced.
If you are looking for a quick end of the day drink, the lobby bar actually has a fantastic (manager suggestion) wine list (albeit overpriced compared to normal bar rates - i.e., glass of ZD Cabernet - while not easy to find - not worth almost the entire price of the bottle).
Highly suggest utilizing the valet parking, as self-parking, especially during the hotter months, would seem to be a lot of work (i.e., pretty decent distance between hotel entrance and self-parking lots).
Like all Marriott properties, there is a fee for wifi unless you have achieved a certain Marriott Rewards status (this particular attribute of Marriott's always bothers me - see my other reviews).
In summary, very nice property, friend staff, just remember to plan accordingly to save from being overcharged where possible (i.e., wifi, drinks, etc.).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott