Hubby and I decided to take the kids for a quick Thanksgiving getaway to Florida. We had Marriott points which was nice. They upgraded us to a Lake View room. Over all the Grande Lakes was a nice choice. It is a JW so it was nicer than your typical Marriott. However, the rooms were very small, two double beds, they allowed us to have a rollaway bed which made the room even smaller. Beds were very uncomfortable, housekeeping was inconsistent. We asked for extra towels and extra shampoo soap as they only had enough for two people and we had four. Housekeeping brought it up when asked for and the next day housekeeping took the extra towels out that were not used. Hmmmm. We were on the 26th floor which was really nice as we were able to see the fireworks and a great view of the amusement parks, however, the shower water turned off right in the middle of a shower. This happened the morning after we arrived and brought it to their attention. Maintenance came up and said he would adjust the water pressure. Hmmm, still happened the whole time we were there. I think it was because we were on the 26th floor, when I asked, they said that had nothing to do with it and no other complaints. Hmmm. ok...There is a lot to do at this hotel, the pool was big and had a winding lazy river, sand volleyball those carnival bikes, not sure of the name, canoeing, golfing, arcade and pool service and much more. We had our Thanksgiving dinner at Citrone. The food was excellent so many choices, and the desserts were to die for. The price however, is another story! It was worth it.
Be careful and look at your bill as they charged us for two valet, and something out of the mini fridge that we did not take. They adjusted it, but had we not check we would have paid for that. My hubby is a foosball wizard, and found a recreation staff member to play with. He ended up sending us a basket of goodies to our room. Do not know his name but he was very nice. He did not put his name on the card, it was from the recreation dept staff. This hotel is very large bring your walking shoes!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott