We stayed at this hotel from 14th Sept- 29th Sept (15 nights).
We have stayed in many hotels in the Orlando area and i must say this is the best overall. Location is away from the crowds but still only 5 mins drive from Seaworld and I Drive.
The hotel was clean and had amazing facilities including the wonderful "Lazy River" pool. The staff were welcoming especially Maria M (the turn down service lady) who we left a couple of $ most nights, she always left a note to say thank you, on occassions we came back to our room and the radio had been left on with sweet relaxing music playing...along with some lovely milky chocolates.
At Breakfast Pearly and her colleague we always welcoming, always a smile and a little chat walking to our table. as was the chef who made eggs and pancakes... even Mickey Mouse ones! Breakfast was good and had lots of choices from cereal, to toast, to eggs bendict , fresh fruit, meats and cheese and and krispy creme do-nuts on tap!
We ate by the pool at lunchtime twice and any soft drinks you purchase re-fills are free the whole time you are at the pool, so $5 for all day soft drinks.
There are 2 jacuzzi spa pools, a couple of shallow pools for the little one's ample sun loungers, shade and towels. Laxzt river blow up rings are $7 each however people do leave them when they check out.....
The hotel is surrounded by a Greg Norman golf course and a nature reserve, lunch in the golf club was lovely, especailly the "Filet Sliders".... we didn't visit the Ritz Carlton while here so cannot tell you what that was like, but it looked lovely from our balcony which overlooked the pool and the golf course. We could also see Seaworld, Epcot, Disney Studios and in the far distance Cinderella's Castle at Magic Kingdom, we also got to see all the disney fireworks while standing on the balcony one evening. (room 21013)
Some evening's the bar area in the lobby was very full and noisy, this was down to convention attendees, but was not a problem. Free Wifi here too, along with a Deli, Starbucks and a couple of shops.
There is a coin laundry on the 3rd floor which is always good for us as we travel from the UK so need this facility.
Self parking is $18 a night or Valet $25.
Overall we loved this hotel, its location, the service, the room and the view.
Thank you JW Marriott.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury experience at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in Orlando, Florida, which sits in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott