I treated my wife to a one night stay here for her Birthday. Our time was limited, but we really enjoyed our mini-getaway (we live in the area).
Upon check-in, we were impressed by the vaulted ceilings and beauty of the entrance. Very nice and ritzy feeling. We didn't have drinks in the lobby bar, but it looked like a good spot for a drink.
We had dinner at Primo, which was amazing and totally worth the trip. It was pricey, but for a special ocassion it was worth the splurge. We really enjoyed the freshness of the ingredients, and the cocktail/wine list was great. Overall, just a very memorable meal with great food and service. The next day we also checked out othe on-site organic garden that the restaurant uses, which was nice.
The room was nice overall. Had a spacious bathroom and everythin seemed very clean and newer. Doesn't have the little touches of a 5-star, but was a solid 4-star worthy room. We had room service for breakfast, which was enjoyable.
The grounds were beautiful! In the morning we checked out the pool and hot tub. The lazy river was a little cool (the sun doesn't hit it until later), but it was really nice! We swam a couple of laps in the river and really enjoyed the scenery. Definitely one of the best hotel pools I've ever been to. Would particularly be great for kids.
Overall, this was a good value for the price we paid. We really enjoyed ourselves, and felt a world away even though our home was close by. While the hotel clearly caters to families and conventioners, it provided us a nice escape for a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott