This is the 4th year we have stayed at this JW Marriott. The first time 4 years ago it was fantastic but, it has gotten worse year after year. This last stay was enough for us never to come back.
The people at the reception desk were very unfriendly, rude and not helpful. The quality of the breakfast has changed so much that we didn't even want to eat there and it was included in our stay.
Our room was filthy, pillows stained yellow, bed had crumbs and hairs all over it, dust everywhere,
our shower door would not open. Unfortunately, we didn't check the room until we got back one evening at around 9pm. The resort was very quite so there were plenty of rooms available.
After complaining about our room it took them over 30 minutes to help us move to another room which was not even upgraded. They did nothing for us at all for our inconvenience and never apologized.
The week we were there they closed the pool down for a whole day even when the weather got nice. They were working on the exterior as well which made tons of noise throughout the day.
We came their to relax and it never happened.
The food, quality and service was very poor.
We never got a good night sleep because the A/C vent shoots out air directly on your head when your sleeping.
The mattresses are terrible.
As platinum members we definitely expected better service too...didn't happen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury experience at JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in Orlando, Florida, which sits in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to Walt Disney World and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott