“Excellent Resort”

JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
Ranked #72 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 24, 2012

From the moment we walked into the opulent lobby I noticed a pleasent aroma. At check-in the receptionist was very professional and polite and acknowledged my Elite status by upgrading us to a suite! The entire staff was excellent, especially the concierge that provided us help to get around the local area. The lazy river was fun, but, the tubes were too small for an adult to float by sitting in one. The entire resort is well maintained as I noticed when I walked outside from the JW to the Ritz. On the walk back we walked inside and realized how lare this complex is since the JW connects to the Ritz. We used the self park, but a door to the convention center part was not far away (this kept me dry when it rained). Our first thought was to stay at a vacation club but there is nothing like a full service hotel, unless you have many small children, then a vacation club provides you with more space. All in all one of the be best Marriott's we have been to and will definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bob-1812
There are newer reviews for JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We stayed here in June for a work conference. The grounds are lovely and the room was very nice. I had to call housekeeping upon arrival because the stocked mini-fridge had a couple of items that were open & I didn't want to be charged for something we didn't consume. It was a little frustrating to try to communicate with someone who didn't seem to speak English, but evidently they understood enough as we were not billed for the items. We needed towels & a box of tissues one evening so we went to the laundry room on our floor expecting to find staff members who could give us a couple of towels & a box of tissues. There were no staff members to be found, but there were some beer cans laying around......we just found that a little odd. If you're staying w/ kids, they will love the pool!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed 1 night and was upgraded to a suite for free - very nice. This place is very impressive but is also very big and, as a result, a little impersonal. Room was very good and the bed was great but it just didn't quire reach the level that I would give 5 stars to.

The lazy river looks great but you can't rent the floats so buying a family set for a short stay works out quite expensive. The hot tub was full of leaves and flower petals so didn't look inviting to me.

I know it's standard these days but I found $19.50 to self park my car overnight a long walk from the lobby a bit cheeky. It was pouring with rain so both my luggage and I got very wet walking between the 2. I asked if there were umbrellas available to borrow and was actually told that people expect to get wet sometimes in Orlando so they didn't provide them! Not impressed.

Breakfast buffet was OK but the service seemed to fall short from the moment I said I was on an inclusive rate so wouldn't be paying.

I've written a separate review of the Italian Restaurant Primo which was excellent.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank UKcritic
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Ok I REALLY liked this hotel. The entrance and lobby are absolutely breath taking. I really do think the hotel provided a good mixture for both adults and children. While the kids enjoyed hours in the lazy pool, we relaxed poolside and felt royal with our personal attendant. The rooms were very nice. They were a bit small for a family of 4 but they had all the up to date amenities. It's a bit pricey to eat in the hotel but there are several restaurants and malls within driving distance. The staff was very attentive and they were extremely pleasant. I gave it a 4 rating only because I feel the beverages and food were a bit expensive but other than that...loved it!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask if your room is facing the parking lot or the pool. The pool facing rooms all have...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank 13frog
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

I love the aroma in the J's lobbies...how can I get it at home? The receptionist was ok... since I was booking two rooms on separate cards, at the time of reservation I was told that it needed to be two reservations, which I did, however the person that did the reservation forgot to cancel one of the rooms, the receptionist was nice enough to waive the cancellation fee... whatever! Other than that I loved everything else... I went with my parents and children, I can definitely say it was fun for all ages... the lazy river...awesome, the drinks by the lazy river were good... room service... I never got the name of the dessert I ordered... Ice cream over caramelized bananas with marshmallows over a brownie...yum. The people were excellent from the lady that turns down the beds, to the valet, and Sea world tickets.... oh and I forgot my black and hot pink Jordan's....well they mailed them to me... they took care of me even after I left! So, yes, I would go back, refer a friend....worth every penny...

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank 2starsNY
Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed at the JW for 4 days and 3 nights while attending a conference and I must say it was great experience. The staff are terrific, always greeting you with a smile, answering questions politely and enthusiastically. Rooms are clean and well appointed. Did not order room service but enjoyed many meals and the food was always good. Had sushi in the Lobby Lounge and it was excellent. The food at the hotel is relativity expensive but it is very good and that's what matters. Also used the Fitness Center three of the four days and again the staff were very helpful and courteous. The Fitness Center itself was clean, specious and had a nice variety of equipment. The grounds are well kept and the pool and golf course looked great, just wish I had a chance to use them. This is very well managed hotel which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Was here for a conference stayed three nites, four days, at all times the staff was terrific, the room service was delicious, the order taker was reading from a well honed and well practiced script, and every question was asked and answered politely, and professionally. The room was great and housekeeping staff left requested extras when I left a note ( extra creamer for in room coffee service) the pool was great and very quiet.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony, my room did not have one, ( 18018)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business