This is a beautiful hotel. The grounds are amazing and the pool is like a post card.
The bad: They hose you for self parking and valet. They even charge you for internet.
Solution: Book a package that includes parking. Use you phone for the net.
Note to Hotel: Just raise you room rates. Several people I spoke with agreed that self parking should be free and the internet should be included in the price.
Note to members: Get on the mailing list. The only time I will stay here is with a reconnect package. Discounted rate, free parking, free breakfast, free upgrade to lake view. Remember they need our money more than we need to stay there. We all have lots of choices.
The bad: The drink and food prices in the hotel and at the pool are beyond absurd. 19.00 for a drink. Shame on you JW. I would have four or five drinks a day at $7.00-$9.00. I will pay for zero at ridiculous prices.
Solution: There is a liqueur store about three miles down the road. We just make our own drinks in the room. Breakfast is free. We let them hose us on lunch and eat dinner somewhere fun in town. Stop at the store and stack up on snacks.
Note to Hotel: We would love to eat and drink at your hotel. We don't mind paying a premium for something good....it's just your prices are ridiculous X five. Guys it's 2011. You need to have WiFi everywhere and it needs to be free.
The good: The grounds are amazing. The rooms are clean. service is good....not what you might expect from a JW. but still good. It is in a great location close to everything. I am very fond of this hotel even though it has some issues. as long as you know the ropes you will have a wonderful time. Don't forget to bring a water bottle for your drinks unless you have money to burn. Definitely not perfect but truly a cool place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott