Admittedly, I'm a Marriott girl. But I was unimpressed here. Our first impression was not a good one, due to poor signage and difficulty with the parking areas (the gate(s) wouldn't work on more than one occasion, and apparently we weren't the only ones with issues, as they had obviously been rammed through by others!) That aside, the bellstaff was pleasant and welcoming. I went to the front desk area, where there were 4 or 5 ppl behind the desk; there was one other guest there, yet none of the other staff even looked up or acknowledged the fact that I was standing there. I'd say I stood there for about 3 minutes before someone acknowledged my presence. The public areas and rooms were beautifully decorated and clean. However, 2 DOUBLE beds instead of 2 queens?! At a JW???? Really? And not very comfortable double beds, at that. Even my kids complained about the bed size and comfort, and they never complain about beds. The pool/lazy river areas were absolutely gorgeous, though we arrived in the afternoon the first day, and there was quite a bit of trash and towels everywhere, with no one seeming to be around cleaning up. There were plenty of treed, shady areas, as well as sunny areas and umbrellas.
This is a nice hotel, don't get me wrong...but it's not a "complete package". It didn't seem like a JW. The front desk staff didn't seem genuinely welcoming, nor did the girl at the pool bar. They kept screwing things up (charges that weren't ours, keys that wouldn't work for parking, etc). I was glad we were only there for 2 nights. Meh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a truly memorable luxury hotel experience at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes. We welcome you to our resort in a superb location just moments from Orlando's best-loved attractions. Each of our nearly 1,000 hotel rooms and suites feature elegant decor and luxury amenities, including marble bathrooms and 24-hour room service. Onsite dining options, including fine Italian cuisine at Primo and fresh sushi at the Sushi Bar, are sure to please every palate. Pamper yourself at the onsite Ritz-Carlton spa, or tee off from our Greg Norman-designed golf course. Children will enjoy our Lazy River outdoor pool, as well as a host of special programs created just for them. Though you might be excused for not wanting to leave the resort, you should certainly take advantage of our prime location near Orlando's legendary theme parks. We offer shuttle service to SeaWorld, Walt Disney World, and Universal Orlando Resort - making it easy for your family to enjoy the best of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jw Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Marriott Orlando Grande Lakes
- Orlando Marriott