“Not what I expected”

Cross street: Central Florida Pkwy
Wyoming, Michigan
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We came to this restaurant because my daughter and I love seafood. We ordered the crab cakes which was good but nothing special and the soft shell crab po boy sandwich which really did not have much flavor. I did not want fries with my sandwich so I asked the waiter if I could substitute for something else so I choose the au gratin potatoes which were not good and when I got my bill they charged me extra for them. When you ask for a substitute there should be no extra charge and if there is going to be they should tell you. While we were eating my daughter noticed a cochroach on the wall at our booth which made us just want to leave. We will not be back.

• Visited June 2013

Warner Robins
“Three restaurants in one!!!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Thai Thani, Oishi Japanese Atlantic Cove Seafood & Steak. You get all three menus no matter which door you go in. Outside and inside seating is available. Both are unique. We had good service and the food was excellent. Started off with the dynamite roll, rainbow roll, and crab cake amigos. Servings were huge...barely had room for dinner. Entrees included kids fish sandwich(piece of fish on hotdog bun) with fries, kids shrimp with fries, seafood salad sandwich (po boy style), sirloin burger with jasmine rice & peas, fried snapper with mashed potatoes. 18% gratuity for a party of 6. As I said before all of the food was good. Came out to be $126 including drinks. It was well worth the price.

• Visited June 2013
“Close to hotel”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This place was close to our hotel so we decide to give it a go. We were seated right away which is always nice. We order the grouper blackened with mashed potatoes and white fish sauteed with au granten potatoes. The fish was good especially the blackened grouper. Both potatoes tasted weird to me. I didn't care for either style. The waiter was nice but seemed like he didnt want to be there but he was at work and I understand that. We were hoping for a seafood place that was just great but that isn't what we got. My wife even stated that we should have just went down the road to bonefish grill.

I am glad i tried it but i wont try it again.

• Visited May 2013
Downers Grove, Illinois
“Best seafood in Orlando!”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

A jewel hidden in a strip mall! Part of Thai Thani (3rd of their restaurants), so you can order from their regular or Thai menu.
So good we ate there twice. Both meals were excellent. You can choose from a number of different fresh fish, a number of ways to have it prepared and a number of different sauces to choose from.
The first time we had the portabella melt (with shrimp, creamed spinach and provolone) appetizer (delicious!) and grilled mahi mahi with coconut sofrito (sauce).
The 2nd time we had the calamari appetizer (honestly, the best we've ever had - and we've had LOTS), roasted duck salad, and for dinner I had grilled grouper with mango pineapple salsa; my husband had the seafood po boy.
Love the hanging "basket" cushioned swings outside.

Visited April 2013
“Really excellent food, lots of choices, but slow service”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were happy we stopped here despite the mixed reviews. It's three restaurants in one: a steak and seafood place, a Thai restaurant, and a Japanese place. We ordered from all three menus and the food was really excellent. They had let us know ahead of time that all the orders wouldn't come at the same time because they were coming from different kitchens, and we were ok with that. However, the pad thai took forever for some reason, and although there were only a few tables filled on the weeknight we went, and there is dedicated staff for each restaurant, the waitress didn't really check on us for waters, provide silverware, etc. It seems kind of poorly run. If you're not in a hurry, though, I would highly recommend the food.

• Visited April 2013