“Pretty Good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Mei Asian China Buffet
Ranked #2,749 of 3,745 Restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wautoma, Wisconsin, USA
“Pretty Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

This was a pretty good buffet. Wasn't all fried food with a bunch of goop put in, they actually had some very tasty dishes. Crab legs and a good fruit tray.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Lisa Z

Seaton, United Kingdom
“Probably the Best Chinese Buffet in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We had tried several Chinese Buffet's in Orlando & Kissimmee but think the Mei's is the best. The staff were very attentive and the food was all of a high standard and hot (not always the case in many other buffets). Will be back on our next visit.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jt01LymeRegis
Parrish, Florida
“Barely worth $15”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

I admit it--I like Chinese buffet restaurants. This one was right near where I was staying for a conference so it seemed like a no-brainer to me. It is in a cluster of restaurants just off on Universal Blvd. near the Orlando Convention Center. The price is $15 for dinner; half that for lunch and for children under ten. It is buffet only, but there is take out. I was there off season, so it was not very crowded. Still, as buffets go, it is not that large.
There are only three serving bars. They had very limited salads and deserts. They had three types of very poor sushi rolls. You will do better in a super-market. They had only two soups. There was also a very limited beer and wine menu, but they did have Tsingtao.
They do feature those classic Chinese specialities such as frozen pizza, onion rings, apple pie, and chicken wings.
Their fried rice and lo mein was full of raw onion-great if you like onions, which I do not. Their sumai, egg rolls and dumplings were terrible. They did have a number of shell fish dishes, king crab legs and some good chicken dishes. They had two carving stations: roast beef and tilapia.
All in all this was maybe the poorest Chinese buffet I have ever been to. It certainly had the least friendly staff. Still, it was cheap, well located and I could find a few decent items.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JeffnEdie
Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
“Plastic tablecloth could be cleaner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Average service.
Nice food - there is a big buffet waiting for you at the style "eat until explode".
Honest price.

I just think the plastic tablecloth could be cleaner... it looked kinda oily.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Camilli C
scotland
“Not as good as the last time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We went here 4 yrs ago and thought it was really good. We read the reviews while on hol and though not great we thought we would try again, really wish we had saved our money.
Plenty of choice but it was all nearly cold. There was a good lot of people in when we arrived so I did think the dishes would have been hot.
I did have mussels and then wondered if I should have! No damage done, lol.
Total was $39.30 + $6.00 tip which works out at around £29.00, not too bad for 2 with 1 soft drink and 1 wine, just wish it had been hot food.

Visited September 2012