“Manager should be "FIRED" (Donald Trump voice)!”
Review of Magical Midway

Magical Midway
Ranked #119 of 442 things to do in Orlando
More attraction details
Owner description: Carnival-type midway with two go-kart tracks, a fast track, thrill rides and a collection of classic rides.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I hosted/coordinated a family reunion at a nearby hotel and I must report that the manager on duty (Saturday night, July 13, 2013) at THIS establishment was the worst! There was a group of us family reunion attendees (13 people, and we're ALL from different states) and one of my cousins noticed that after attempting to purchase ($7) tickets for the bumper cars that she had been given a receipt but had NOT been given a green ticket like the rest of us! We brought this to the attention of the rude manager who said that he rung her up and could not have made a mistake (he did)! I no longer could stand his rudeness and I made a few reasonable suggestions, but he refused EVERYTHING and we got into an argument that led to him having me thrown out of the park. He would not refund my groups money and offered to allow me to come back inside only if I apologize to him for calling him names (I refused because every word that I had said described him and the situation, I meant ALL of what was said) ..To make a long story short, he somehow grew a heart (the Grinch) after my cousin began crying and gave the remaining 11 folks from the group that stayed free ($30) wristbands that allows unlimited rides when all could have been avoided if he had given her a little $7 ticket replacement! Courtesy, common sense and some good old fashioned customer service could have gone a long way...

10  Thank JustLoves2Travel

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Not something you wanna plan you're whole day around but for a few hours this place is entertaining. Very fun go kart track and some crazy thrilling rides that I didn't have the guts to go on lol. Something for all ages and our family had an enjoyable night here. Delicious Brooklyn Pizza place right outside too.

1  Thank FLAExplorer
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This place is a waste of time!!! If you plan on spending your hard working, saved vacation money on some go-karts, go 2 more blocks down the street to Fun-Spot!!!

They need to be like every other small attraction & upgrade!! That place is still the same like it was 8 years ago! SHAME! The only thing I notice is that they don't use tokens anymore, they use the card. But then that's worthless b/c if something don't swipe or the machine take your money, all the attendants say, "oh, that's a maintenance problem. We tell them to fix it. But they don't." Ok!!! How is that OUR problem!! So Dave & Busters is where I'll be at!

Out of all the 30 something staff that work there, only 2 was decently kind. The man at the booth where you buy your sling shot admission & the young lady working the bumper cars & mega drop. (or whatever its called) All the other staff was rude, immature & unprofessional! The Manager was worse than the crew members. His tone of voice made my blood boiled. He'll talk to you in a I don't care way & like if you're the stupid one.

There was an incident this past Thursday when the guest was taking revenge on another person in the go-karts. One of the parents acted out & there was a big brawl. Ok, can't help that. But when everything halfly calmed down, we was all standing there like, "hello! Don't keep us waiting while you're trying to be nosey." Its 12 lime green tshirts & no one is paying attention to the people who paid there $25 on these lame wristbands for 3 hours on 8 rides. 7 b/c if your over 120 pounds you cant get on the trampoline. Half of the crew members are on their cell phone, chit chatting in a huddle instead of being at their post. I went to three rides & everytime I'm looking for some one.

I can't even get in anymore details about this place. New owners need to take over this place fast b/c what's going on there is not cool.

4  Thank CHylton86
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This place is beyond creepy. Save your money and ride go karts elsewhere. Not a good place to be, especially with children and teens. Unsafe rides

1  Thank Kristen S
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We went to go there to waste a couple hours before a flight home. We bought the 3 hour wristband. They explained to me if it rains there is no refunds just rain checks. Ok that is fine but we walked outside and it was raining and they shut down the park. Went to get our money back being we didn't even go on 1 ride. Spoke with the manager and he would not work with us at all. We didn't even go on any rides. He said all we give you is a rain check we explained we are not from here. Still did nothing. I always thought you are soppose to work with the customer. If I acted like that at my job I would be fired. Does no one know what customer service is.

1  Thank Wiemken40