“Honeymooners Loved it!”

Ranked #205 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Vermont
“Honeymooners Loved it!”
Reviewed March 22, 2007

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. We really liked the resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom villa but did not use the 2nd room. We loved it. Very luxorious top of the line room. Alot better then just staying is a regular hotel. We had all the ammenities in our villa plus more. If we wanted to stay in our villa all day we could and it was very spacious and roomy. The Master bedroom and bath was amazing. The resort is in an easy location to get to Disney or downtown Orlando.We found the staff very helpful, and as we were firm they were not to pushy. Overall it was a great stay.

• Liked — Masterbedroom and bath
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed June 2005, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Jgregoropoulos
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2015
Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since your last visit. We hope to see you again very soon.

Luna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,052)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Wisconsin
Reviewed March 11, 2007

This is the 2nd time we have stayed at this resort. The first was in march 2004 and now jan 2007. We loved it both times. The 2nd time we traveled with 14 people and westgate was the perfect place for our large group. I booked this via the phone and got a 3 bedroom condo for $475.00 for a full week. Yes, we did have to sit for the high pressure sales pitch. Our check in process went smooth and we had friendly service. We were guided to our condo in the 700 building. We did have a problem with the sink in the kitchen and it was fixed within 1 hour of calling. Housekeeping is provided to only thoes who own a condo, so that would explain that. We had no plan of buying when we went to the high pressure sales pitch. And yes, it is very high pressure. But we had to sign a form saying that our names would be added to a data base so that we would not be able to stay at a westgate property since we have stayed twice. This was the main reason we bought, we knew we would be back to orlando the next year and wanted to stay there. We did have to "talk" to them for 5 hours until we reached the price and deal we wanted. I had read the bad reviews on this site and most are bad, which does surprise us. We have enjoyed our time at this westgate and look forward to our next trip.

• Liked — location, full kitchen, washer/dryer, shower
  • Disliked — having to leave
  • Stayed January 2007
5 Thank mjjmr
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2015
Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since you last stayed with us. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Atlanta,Ga
Reviewed March 10, 2007

This was the worst experience of my life. First, my husband and I found a promotion on their website ---.com for 3/2 with theme park tickets for $99 we call and tell the agent this is th package that we want and while we are confirming the vacation my husband ask do we tell you which park we want to go to so that we can get the tickets the guys says while you can let the front desk know what tickets you want when you check in.We check in on Friday afternoon after we drove 7hrs from Ga. the check in was horrible about 45mins just to check in. We get to the room, the room is nothing like the picture online the picture online are of the villas you would have purchased after the so called "90 no pressure timeshare",anyway we have no stove a small fridge that can only hold some sodas and a styrofoam plate.The tub was dirty had hair in it, The towels had spots in them and someones hair, the toliet backed up and the comforter was not clean smelled like smoke on the blankets that were in the closet.After alll this we find out our package did not come tickets, and our presentations was set for Sun the day we are leaving at 11 am we call the service desk and she gives me a 800 # to call asking about the package and the presentation.I call this 800# and was on hold the 1st time 43min and finally spoke a Sharon she informed me that our package does not come with tickets and that we were scheduled for a Sun tour at 11am informed her that is not what we have so she "changed" the time to 10:30am Sat,as for the tickets she said I would have to call Travel Solutions to get time to hear a tape regarding our reservation I called was on hold no lie people over an hour and when I finally get through I am told they don't deal with that and I should have been talking to the people I was talking to the first time so I am ----- at this point, I call the front desk and ask for a manager and I am put through to a voicemail, I call back and the girl said the manager is not there, I refused to hang up and she finally gets a PBX manager Melissa, I tell her my situation and she ask for the # I had for reservations, I give her the # and she said this is the # to the Las Vegas Call center, she said she will call them and will give me a call later,I am livid at this point, she finally calls back with someone from the center on the line also the lady tells me that my package did not come with tickets and that I could purchase tickets for $30 I said fine, tired of trying to explain, Melissa tells me that I can pick up the tickets before 10:45pm that night .I get there at 10:30pm and a guy is looking at me locking the door, I tell him I ma here to pick tixs up he said they are closed I said Melissa told me to come he said no one works here that name so I leave.Another guy that was at the front desk is in the corner away from the desk talking on his cellphone,when he finally sees me I ask him for Melissa he says she is outside and I can't leave my post"Yeah Right You were just talking on you cell away from your post"Melissa finally comes and we go back to where I was being locked out and the guy said Oh I didn't know you meant this Melissa, After 10-15 mins the lady "Moresaul" giving the tickets tried to make me pay another $30 Melissa informed her that I had already paid for the tixs,After 25mins there I finally get the tixs.I ask if my tour is confirmed for 10:30am the next morning she said no its for Sun at 11,so again I had to change, They did not have an 10:30 only a 7:30 so I had to take it.We get there at 7:30 and we don't check in until 8:18am they say because the computers crashed , the had to page our very rude salesman "Qualid" and he takes his time to get to us at 9:30 does not shake hands or introduce himself just says walk this way,We go to a room where they are serving breakfast informed him we did not want breakfast just wanted to start the tour he said that I am being rude and if I did not want to take the tour don't take and we won't be wasting each others time,didn't have a problem with the taking the tour we didn't want breafast that was not being properly served,not being rotated and everybody picking their food with there hands.He leaves us there for another 30mins anf comes back with a manager-the saleman tells the manager we wanted to leave and did not take want to take the tour,lies- we had not problem with the tour she said the computers were down and they show a check in of 8:18am and at 9:48am out presenation was over after all his blah blah blah, he says the tour is not over until he is done, after taking the tour high sells, talking to a General Manager and telling him no for the 1000th time we coulf finally leave. I will never ever ever ever stay hear again or tell anyone I know to stay here,and I will be contacting the Corporate Office in the morning.

• Liked — Patio
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
11 Thank atcooper24

miami, fl
Reviewed March 5, 2007

My husband & I wanted a romantic getaway! Check in was at 4:00 p.m. and we checked in at 3:20p.m. with no problems. When we checked in and we got are key cards the girl at the front desk said that we needed to go to the people in the center of the room and they were going to show us to are room and give us a "welcome packet" we knew that they were timeshare reps. so with are keys we walked out the front door and found the room by ourselves with no problems(hint:the # of the building is the first # of the room)ex: Room #932= 9 is bldg#900 and 3 is the floor level 3rd floor) :) As soon as we got to are room we put the do not disturb and they didn't. We rented a studio for 1 night and it was perfect the jacuzzi tub was wonderful everything was lovely. Late at night the parking was packed but we found one by luck near are bldg. Are room was extremely clean. The next day the people next door didn't put the sign on there door and housekeeping was there at 8:30a.m. to find out if they were checking out. So I strongly advise you put the sign on the door if you don't want to be bothered. Check out was a beeze because if you want express check-out it is available just drop your keys and parking tag in the box by the exit and that's it. We went to Sea World which was less than 7 minutes away and International Dr. is less than 3 minutes away. The hotel was close to everything. We loved it!!! We would stay there again any day.

• Liked — Great location
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
6 Thank dbohj23

FT.MYERS, FLORID
Reviewed March 4, 2007

Referred to resort by owner. Checked in Friday evening, When we arrived to our room maintance was peeking out of the window and walking out of the front door, but didn't identify themselves. It was a chilly weekend for Florida, even though we are Florida residents we would have loved to have some heat. Maintenance said the vents were painted shut and the a/c-heating unit was old and on its last leg. The refridgerator ran 24/7 louldly like a generator. The washer worked but the dryer needed 3 cycles to dry 3 towels. Very outdated appliances and furniture. TV screen was scratched and couldn't get a clear picture. Very run down. The kitchen floor tile was chipped,broken and reglued. We went to our "90" minutes sales speech, after 3 hours with no interest in purchasing, they wouldn't take no for an answer. They kept trying to make other deals on vacations and other properties. The sales girl Christina said we were rude by not listening to everything she had to offer. Whatever. Parking spaces were a big problem. Any time we came back after 8pm we would have to park blocks away in an unlit parking lot. The staff is always speeding around on golfcarts, obeying no speed rules.Basically nothing more than a 1980's apartment complex.

• Disliked — everything
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank lorpurv911

Long Island, New York
Reviewed February 27, 2007

first off.. id like to say that westgate lakes is NOT as bad as what all these reviews make it out to be.. my girlfriend and i stayed in westgate lakes in january 2007.. we're a young couple in our 20's and this was my girlfriend's first time at disney.. and we were pretty skeptical about staying at westgate lakes with all the negative reviews on here. but i knew a few people who had stayed there and said they liked it.. so we decided to take a chance.. we stayed in a studio suite.. and it was great.. nice king size bed.. shower was big.. the jacuzzi was great.. no stove or anything.. a little kitchenette with a microwave.. small fridge...small sink.. and plenty of dishes and silverware.. the view from the balcony was amazing.. we could see the fireworks from disney at night from our balcony.. we stayed in room 547B i believe. a lot of people that submitted their reviews said that the employees nagged them to do the presentation and that all the employees were very rude.. we were asked to attend it and i declined.. and that was it.. no haggling and all the employees were very nice.. and spoke perfect english.. a few flaws though.. the screen window next to the bed was broken.. and it was amazingly frustrating trying to get into the main door with our key.. it mustve taken us at least 5-10 mins every time to get in.. our toilet kept making a dripping noise that i had to fix every time we flushed.. but other than that.. i wouldnt mind going back and staying there again..

• Liked — the view from our balcony.. the big king size bed.. and the jacuzzi
  • Disliked — hard time using the key to get in the front door
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
7 Thank dzyner17

Cape Cod MA
Reviewed February 26, 2007

I did not want to stay at a WestGate resort. There were so many of them. But this one could accommodate our large travel party. We got a three bedroom. It was wonderful. It is not a luxury room but it was large and had plenty of space and everything you needed on vacation. My husband says that the furniture and style remind him of the 80's.

Problem one. Cooking: There was that there were cookie sheets. We had young children and wanted to make Chicken Nuggets at dinner time for them. I went to the grocery store and bought disposable. The pots, pans and bowls provided are more for a family of two. No making dinner here.

Problem two, Parking: If you get back to the hotel after 9 pm, you will not be able to get a space in front of your unit. I had to keep driving around finally getting a spot 2-3 units down sometimes.

Very close to lots of restaurants. 5 minutes away from Down Town Disney, Seaworld and Universal Studios. Right off of 4. Very easy to get to, minimal traffic

We will request this place again in the future.

• Liked — Size of the Room and location
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
6 Thank flyinggems

Luna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Avanti International Resort
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Westgate Town Center Resort & Spa
The Point Orlando Resort
The Point Orlando Resort
#20 of 337 in Orlando
Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Caribe Royale Orlando Suites & Villas

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!