Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
$161
$227
$208
  • Pool
Marriott's Grande Vista(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$145
$137
$122
  • Restaurant
Caribe Royale Orlando(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$189
$137
Agoda.com
$314
$255
  • Restaurant
Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort(Orlando)(Great Value!)
$209
$164
Hotwire.com
$515
$458
Hotels.com
5,928 results
All reviewssmokehouse grillpaddle boatsmini golfjacuzzi tubfull kitchenlake viewmaster bedroomwasher and dryerrecommend this resortnice resortsea worlduniversal studiosinternational drivefamily vacationorlando areadisney worldpools
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2006

Me and My Boyfriend stayed at this resort during the week of August 21st - August 26th. Before arriving, i looked at the reviews on this site and was freightened, but it was too late as i had already planned, payed, and confirmed for this stay. We basically just crossed our fingers. When we arrived, it was mid night that Monday. Surprisingly, there was staff awake, ready and willing, to hand over our keys and info reagrding this huge beautiful resort. We arrived in our suite, as i only requested a studio being that it was only for the 2 of us, and i was in shock and awe.....It was exactly as described on their site. There was a King sized bed, TV, DVD Player, balcony with table and chairs, living room seating area whcih included a leather fold out couch and a little table with 2 chairs, microwave, fridge, glasses, and silverware. The bathroom consisted of a huge walk in shower, full whirlpool tub, and lavotory room for toilet. There were 2 pools in the vacinity that we frequented and i must say the only negative was that at night, the bugs tend to gather at the pool so it was reason for us leaving the pool facilities earlier than we may have chose too. The Jacuzzi was great. The premises was clean, great, and safe. Never had a problem with parking. In my opinion, worth every cent spent and will definatly be back as i am now owner. Hope You Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Hotgirlncl
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2015

Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since your last visit. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2006

DO NOT STAY HERE, THEY ARE LIARS. All they want is for you to buy a timeshare, so they can get it back in foreclosure to give "me" a deal on it. This was supposed to be a major family trip (12 adults & 8 kids). Thank goodness only 9 adults & 5 kids made the trip. We booked a 3 BR & a 2 BR with the kids bringing sleeping bags for July 13th - 19th. When I made the reservation, the Salesperon, Jeff, explained that I needed to put a different name on one of the rooms, although I was paying for both on my credit card, so I gave him a name of someone that was suppose to make the trip. Jeff explained that I could change the name on the room when I arrived if I needed to. It just so happen, that person did not make the trip. Upon arrival (8 hr. drive from Atlanta), I was able to check in but no one else in my group could check into the second room. We were instructed to call the Corporate office. Corporate told me that I could not have paid for both rooms on my credit card (they could see that I did by looking at the reservations) and I would need to cancel the 2nd reservation have someone in my group call in to reserve a room on their credit card. All of this knowing they were already overbooked when I checked in. My group had already reimbursed me prior to making the trip, so no one was willing to pay again. Corporate said their Salesperson, Jeff, gave me incorrect information but I was going to be the one suffering instead of them honoring the paid reservations that I had. One of my group members called to reserve a two bedroom prior to cancelling the paid reservation and was told of course, they had NO ROOMS. No surprise. We cancelled the second room with a credit to my credit card. Corporate stated that it was not a valid reservation since I paid for both rooms. The 14 of us ended up in the worst 3 BR. We are all ontop of each other. The bathroom toilet and sick backed up on more than one occassion, the refrigerator did not cool (the first one or second one). The floor was dirty after bringing in two refrigerators. We were awakened about 7 one morning because there was a leak in the room below. Nothing was found in our room to cause the leak. The 90-minute tour was scheduled for the morning before we were to check out. The whole spill started with lies by saying they only book customer referrals, that's not how we booked. This Salesperson was not concerned with how we were treated when we checked in. He insulted us by saying that he would get his supervisor who was supposedly giving us a deal on a 3BR condo. Please. I explained that not only would I not buy a timeshare with them, I would never stay with them or recommend them, not even if it were free. DO NOT STAY HERE, THEY ARE LIARS.

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
37  Thank Brenita

Reviewed August 28, 2006

From the first day we arrived at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, wew encountered one problem after another. We were told that our room by the lake was one of their best!. Their best became our worst nightmare. It started with a filthy room that was not ready when we were told it would be. Then the cleaning staff basically walked through the job without doing any cleaning. After complaining, they sent in a team to do the right job, but we had to leave and come back two hours later. A few nights later, during the middle of the night, the plumbing went crazy -- it backed up and overflowed in both bathrooms. Human pheses overflowed into the bedrooms. Immediately thereafter, an infestation of bugs invaded the room. Cockroaches and other insects were everywhere. It was completely sickening. My children, my husband and I had nightmares afterward. Our room was changed but we had to repack our luggage and go through each item of clothing for the six of us to make sure there were no bugs in the clothing. My son had dead bugs all over his clothing. My husband had a business meeting that morning and had to miss it due to this situation. We were then told by the staff that those rooms near the lake had insect problems in the past. Why did they put us there in the first place? My husband just recently had back surgery and we have handicapped plates. There were only two handicapped spaces and they were taken every night. We had to park far and walk. Most of the staff were friendly but could not help much. They didn't really know much and many of them didn't even speak English. We were extremely unhappy and would definitely not ever consider buying a timeshare at any of the Westgate Resorts. We had hoped to purchase one on this vacation. We would not recommend this Resort to anyone else. They are certainly not a 5-Star Resort. Airconditioning kept breaking down and shutting off. We had to wait hours for staff to come and fix it. We were stuck on the elevator one day for about 15 to 20 minutes and were then told that it happens often, not to worry. This was truly a horrible vacation for our family.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled on business
35  Thank NYFAM
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2015

Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since you last stayed with us. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 22, 2006

Made online reservations with Westgate Lakes resorts for the end of July. We called one week before for confirmation of our reservation. The corporate offices at Westgate Resorts cancelled our reservation the Friday before we were to arrive on Monday and didn't even notify us. We were put into a unit at the Westgate Palace. The lakes has 7 pools, a lake and a big 2 bdrm condo and we were put in a sm 2bdrm with not even enough room for our family of 4 to sit and eat together, also all the Palace had was 1 pool. We spent numerous hours on the phone over the 4 days we were there each time getting sent to someone else, getting 3 different reasons as to why our reservation was cancelled and was lied to over and over again. Plus never once did we ever even get an I'm sorry. Finally on Wed. a very rude women by the name of Rosemary Dewing in the home office told my husband we had been compensated because they gave us Sea World tickets that we did not ask for or want and that was the end of it. After we got home I typed a 5 page letter and printed out the info on the 2 resorts and explained that we went down with relaxation on our schedule not theme parks. After 2 weeks Tisha Powell from the corporate office called us and said we had been compensated, that our file showed that we had been given 1 night free, charged only $99 for the rest and given not only the sea world ticktets but $100 voucher for food. Only the sea world tickets were given. After implying we were lying we had to fax our room reciept and credit card statement to her to prove we were charged the $120 a night for all 4 nights. She called back the next day and very rudely told us that they would credit us $89 and that was it. When questioned about the free night and the food vouchers that we supposely got she told us that we weren't promised anything. I disagree, when they took my credit card number and gave me a reservation number tor Westgate Lakes they promised me the room I requested there not what we got, lie after lie, not even notify us about the cancellation and very rude and unhelpful people in the Corporate office. And we talked to the women who cancelled (Darlene Dondol) the CEO Dave Sseigal's asst Gene McNeal along with a Charlie Roberts plus several reservations people and the manager of The lakes. You would think they could have helped us before we got to this point. I have now filed with the BBB in Flordia.

I did not look on here before our trip but wow I wish I had. Customer service is terrible, all they are worried about is making money on their timeshares. They do not care if anyone enjoys themself or that my almost 6 foot son slept on a bed his feet hung off of.

Think twice before staying at any of their resorts because if you have a problem they will do nothing but drive you crazy!!!

28  Thank MJBA

Reviewed August 22, 2006

We were at Westgate Lakes August 4th -August 11th. I purchase a 2 bedroom last year on a vacation traveller program(treat you similar to owners). The 2 bedroom was exactly what I viewed last year. The condo was clean. All the staff I encountered was very helpful. Call for screws missing from 2 balcony doors and service man was there in 10 minutes and had a call 5 mintues after he left to see if the job was completed. The only thing I dislike was that if they knock on the door and you don't respond quickly, the next thing you see is one of Westgate workers. This particular day they were changing and replacing all of the lounge chair pad with new ones. But I found out how to elminated that is just keep the lacket over the door and they can't walk in without someone from the inside opening the door from them. No, everything wasn't perfect but it was my vacation and I wasn't going let anything ruin it.
the pools were clean and crowded but not unbearable.
I went to Walmart and before I return back to Westgate the Security from Westgate had rush my nephew to the hospital because he had gotten a fish hook stuck in his finger. They were very helpful.
I did encounter a lying sales representative. She was trying to sell me the property instead of renting the property. My contract said that I was suppose to get 7 theme park tickets of course she made of something about the tickets. She said that I was promise tickets to Water mania and they closed 2 years ago. Then she offers me 1 ticket and I had seven in my group and I told her to keep that ticket because I had caught her in too many lies.The biggest lie was that, I told her I really haven't made up my mind to purchase. I would rather rent under the same program that I have for another year and make up my mind to purchase, she replied that program doesn't exist anymore. When we walked pass the supervisors desk, I seen the same Vacation Traveller Program contracts on their desk. So I told her I decline to purchase and no other contact with any sales representatives during the rest of my stay.
As far as our stay at Westgate Lakes, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank CHELLEBEREEL
WestgateGuestRels, Public Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2015