6,241 results
All reviews smokehouse grill paddle boats mini golf jacuzzi tub full kitchen lake view bedroom villa washer and dryer great resort recommend this resort sea world universal studios international drive family vacation orlando area disney world pools
Reviewed May 5, 2005

I was very pleasantly surprised at my recent stay at Westgate Lakes. I didn't know what to expect with the mixed reviews I had read. We rented a 3 BR in the 2200 building. It overlooked the pool and was a little noisy at times, but was worth the trade off for some of us to sit on the screened balcony and watch others in our party swimming. Lack of parking late at night when we returned from disney was my biggest complaint.

We arrived about 30 minutes before checkin and the lobby was packed. It was a little confusing finding the correct office to check in, but once I did the process was easy. Total check in time was maybe 20 minutes-certainly no more than a busy hotel. Everything was clean and very comfortable. We just threw in towels with our laundry as we did it, so we didn't have to bother with trying to trade out with housekeeping.

I am a single mom and went to the sales pitch alone. From reading the reviews, I knew that the 90 minute pitch was at least 3 hours. So I prepared myself and my party that I would be gone that long. I am interested in investing in a future timeshare, but made it clear that I would not be purchasing that day. I am not an impulsive buyer. They were persistant though. The price started at over 20K and by the end offered me a biennial plan (really more suitable to my needs) for 7K and finding every way possible to offer easy financing. So if you are interested in buying, hold out to the very end for the best deal:)

I regret we bought tickets to spend nearly every waking minute at WDW (which was very convenient to the resort). Our kids were continuously whining to go back to the pool and try the resort activities (can you believe?). So we did arrange to come back within two years for a whole week at basically the same per diem as this stay. If my family enjoys it as much as the first time, I may purchase if they have a good deal or look at purchasing through a resale.

I would be curious to hear from owners about their experience.--and a better understanding of what their get-a-ways are. The sales pitch throws so many options at you, it gets very confusing. I am still a little confused about how their get-a-way program works.

5  Thank Discover10473
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2015

Thank you so much for your feedback. We have updated our resort since you last came and hope to see you again!

Best regards,
Ariel

Reviewed April 27, 2005

My husband and our 2 children and our friends and their 2 children stayed at this hotel because last year while in Florida we visited to receive Universal tickets at a reduced price. Our 90 minute presentation turned in to a 3 hour hell! We did agree to come back to the resort the following year again at a discounted price. Upon our arrival to the resort at 2:30, we spent 2 hours waiting for our room. When we did finally get it we were impressed. That was until bed time when we pulled out the pull out couch to find it had an enormous wet spot appearing to be urine. We also found a carrot behind the couch with fur growing on it. We also had issues with the pool we were close to. It was not open for 3 of the days we were vacationing. This meant we needed to use other pools that were quite far from our room. When we met with our representative she worked very hard to try and sell the timeshare to us. When we refused she continued to try and bring numerous other people to harass us. When we finally became so frustrated, my husband took the pen from in front of her so he could sign the spot to decline the service she called him an "-------" in front of our children. When we signed the document and left she said "Have a crummy day." These people will say or do anything for a sale. Beware! We will definately never recomend this resort to anyone.

Date of stay: February 2005
34  Thank saramcmillan
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2015

Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since you last stayed with us. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2005

My family and I went back to Orlando this year after a wonderful stay last year at Westgate Lakes. Last year, we sat through a lengthy, yet pleasant timeshare pitch that we couldn't agree to. We did agree to become "Vacation Traveler" members and paid all year for this year's trip. It was a little pricey, considering what little we paid in 2004, but when considering that the last trip was just three of us and it was 7 this time, it seemed ok. We arrived at 5 pm, just two hours after check in time started and there was no line in the guest services area. After my wife and I waited patiently for 1/2 hour for our keys and directions to our building we were asked to go to another office to check in. So, we went only to find out that last year's reservations were never changed to this year's. The process of changing this took another hour. So, after an hour and a half, we finally got to our room. The room was just a nice as the one we had seen on our tour the year before, with just enough room for 7. We were told that check-out was at 10 am on our designated check out day. Appearently that wasn't exactly right, as check out was actually noon. All in all, the experience was totally different from last year to this year, a little more confusing and the 2nd timeshare pitch was harsher, more pressure and the salespersons who said that they would not be hurt by us saying no to buying anything obviously don't show their emotions well. The hotel is gorgeous, the location perfect, just be careful to agree to anything, the results may not be what you plan on.

18  Thank Inspiration20813

Reviewed April 17, 2005

Stayed in a 3 bedroom villa at westgate lakes resort and spa April 9-16 2005. We found the Staff to be outstanding! They were very helpful and Friendly. When we arrived our villa was not ready, and we did not expect it to be ready we were hours early due to our flight, but they kept our luggage for us so we could have room in our rental car to go shopping. They asked my husband for our cell phone number and called us while we were shopping to tell us the villa was ready 3 hours earlier than we expected. A staff member then unloaded our car for us, first he carried in all the shopping bags then went to the main check-in and brought us our luggage right to our villa. We found our villa to be very clean and well equipped. Our fridge even had an ice maker in it so we had plenty of ice always. We stayed in the 2000 building and had no problems with noise.
This was our first vacation in Orlando and the staff was very helpful with suggestions on what to do and see in the area. I really loved this place. We found the pools and the grounds to be very clean and well kept. Over all I would give the resort a 10 and the wonderful staff a 15+

7  Thank CanadiansFortErie

Reviewed April 13, 2005

We purchased a timeshare here in 2000 and return once or twice a year to this resort -sometimes we have a 2 bedroomed apartment, other times a studio. On the plus side we have always found the rooms to be clean, well furnished and equipped and any maintainance problems are quickly sorted out. We purchased an apartment overlooking the lake and the view is fabulous. There's loads to do here if you stay on the complex. On the negative side don't expect great customer service from the reception staff or the call centre - you won't get it. Stay well away from the sales team - even if you already own at the Lakes they will try to sell you a bigger apartment and they are VERY pushy. We normally stay here at the end of November and the resort is quite quiet, other times like last week it's packed which does mean the pools etc are busy. If you stay here be sure to ask for the Westgate Hospitality savings card - it will get you great discounts in shops and restaurants.

9  Thank linpom
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2015

Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since your last visit. We hope to see you again very soon.