“Loved it! Great Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #198 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
Fort Erie, Ontario
“Loved it! Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2005

Stayed in a 3 bedroom villa at westgate lakes resort and spa April 9-16 2005. We found the Staff to be outstanding! They were very helpful and Friendly. When we arrived our villa was not ready, and we did not expect it to be ready we were hours early due to our flight, but they kept our luggage for us so we could have room in our rental car to go shopping. They asked my husband for our cell phone number and called us while we were shopping to tell us the villa was ready 3 hours earlier than we expected. A staff member then unloaded our car for us, first he carried in all the shopping bags then went to the main check-in and brought us our luggage right to our villa. We found our villa to be very clean and well equipped. Our fridge even had an ice maker in it so we had plenty of ice always. We stayed in the 2000 building and had no problems with noise.
This was our first vacation in Orlando and the staff was very helpful with suggestions on what to do and see in the area. I really loved this place. We found the pools and the grounds to be very clean and well kept. Over all I would give the resort a 10 and the wonderful staff a 15+

7 Thank CanadiansFortErie
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 1, 2015
Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since you last stayed with us. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Luna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,025)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Lancashire England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2005

We purchased a timeshare here in 2000 and return once or twice a year to this resort -sometimes we have a 2 bedroomed apartment, other times a studio. On the plus side we have always found the rooms to be clean, well furnished and equipped and any maintainance problems are quickly sorted out. We purchased an apartment overlooking the lake and the view is fabulous. There's loads to do here if you stay on the complex. On the negative side don't expect great customer service from the reception staff or the call centre - you won't get it. Stay well away from the sales team - even if you already own at the Lakes they will try to sell you a bigger apartment and they are VERY pushy. We normally stay here at the end of November and the resort is quite quiet, other times like last week it's packed which does mean the pools etc are busy. If you stay here be sure to ask for the Westgate Hospitality savings card - it will get you great discounts in shops and restaurants.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank linpom
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 30, 2015
Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since your last visit. We hope to see you again very soon.

Metter, Ga
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2005

I have to admit after reading some of the bad reviews I was a little skeptical about staying here. I had told my husband about previous comments about roaches, poor customer service, and cleanliness of the room. First of all the reviews scared me of staying last year which is when I booked the room, I had a whole year to take it. I finally decided to go, and when we first arrived they were real nice-I was supposed to have at least $50.00 deposit on my credit card or I was going to have to give a deposit of $200.00- I had neither, but they let me slide, but they had to turn the phones off including local calls, which was fine with me. We stayed in a 2bd/2bath condo, it was AWESOME, building 2600. In the master bedroom there was a King size bed, 27" tv, chair, jacuzzi, shower, toilet, closet, the other bedroom had two double beds, closet, and door adjecent to bathroom, living room had a nice leather sofa, big screen tv, dvd, stereo, dinning room, full size kitchen, fridge, micro, stove, dishwasher, dishes, flatware, cooking utensils, pots and pans, washer dryer, and the screened patio was awesome at night you could see the fireworks from disney.

The pool was heated so we could swim late, but if you get some of that water in your mouth it was good awful. And the prices at the market place were three times as high as at a regular grocery store, which is only a couple of miles out of the resort on Sand Lake Rd.

The sales presentation representative was extremely nice and casual.

7 Thank turkeymonkey

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2005

You can't beat the price. I paid $219.00 for 4 days 3 nights and two free Walt Disney passes at the Westgate villas. The room was clean and it looked just like the picture I saw on the internet. I had no problem checking in, very quickly: however, there is a 90 min mandatory sales presentation that you have to attend. If you do not attend this presentation, you will be charged an additional $100.00 per night at the end of your stay. TALK ABOUT PRESSURE. This sales presentation is to try to get you to buy into the Westgate timeshare program, and they do not give up. They will pressure you all morning to try to get you to buy into this lousy program. I said “no” several times, but they kept sending different sales agents. This 90 min sales presentation turned into 3 hours of pressure.
My opinion of Westgate timeshare is buyers beware. Don’t buy into it, it ----

• 2 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2005

Just returned from an 8 day stay in Orlando at Westgate Lakes Resort. I cannot understand all the negative reviews here. We had the two bedroom condo and loved it. It slept 8 people comfortable. Sure we had no maid service daily but its not a motel. If you need towels or anything else, it is there within minutes. My kids loved the resort. I wasted money on theme park tickets because they would rather stay at the resort and enjoy the activities they offer. They met many new friends from everywhere. I plan on buying into this resort. Me and my family enjoyed it that much.

4 Thank tmeeks

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2005

I booked Westgate Lakes through Hotwire for 7 nights at $56 p/night from March 25-April 1. I read the reviews online here and other places and was petrified with all the bad reviews. We stayed in a studio condo overlooking the lake with my family of 5 and had an outstanding time. My 6 & 8 year old slept on the pullout couch and my 2 year old slept in the huge King sized bed with my wife and I.
We checked in early at noon after a 17 hour road trip. They marked our reservations as "hotwire" which put us in express check in with no offers for a timeshare pitch. They also easily waived the $5 charity charge that I read about. It is a condo and not a hotel, don't expect daily maidservice, but we did get clean towels each day. The room was beautiful, the view from the 1600 building was great, it was quiet in our corner unit, parking was never an issue in our lot even getting home after midnight a couple nights, the pool area was crowded but pleasant, the staff was courteous and we had a great time.
We have stayed in Disney resorts and other hotels over Spring Breaks in Orlando the past few years and Westgate was by far the best value we've had for the $. The fridge and microwave helped us save $ on food and the whirlpool tub was used by my wife and kids each day to recover from long days at the park. Don't be scared away, its a great deal if you go the Hotwire route w/ out the sales pitch.

5 Thank Cmarsh22

Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2005

We recently stayed in Westgate Lake resort and spa from March 27 to April 1st. I read many bad reviews but I think people are forgetting this is a condominium and not a hotel. Our room was very clean when we arrived. We had the studio condo. It had a king size bed with a pull out sofa, screened in patio, kitchenette and large bathroom. Yes, we had to listen to the timeshare sales pitch but it was well worth it. The timeshare presentation was very good and we are still considering buying one. We did not buy at the time but did lock in a price so we can think about it.
They took us on a tour of the 2 bedroom condo and we loved it. We plan to spend many more vacations in Orlando and I would like to go back to Westgate but this time stay in a 2 BR/2BA condo. The room was decorated in what I would call a south Florida/aqua blue/green decor. The bathroom was very large. It had a jacuzzi tub and a separate glass enclosed shower. This was a room to itself. It was not in the room with the bed and sofa. You need to remember this is a condo not a hotel so they are not going to make your bed and clean you room everyday. When we needed more towels we called housekeeping and they delivered them wihtin 15 minutes. We gave them a bag of dirty towels and they took them
away at the same time. We were near one swimming pool that overlooked the lake and it was very nice and peaceful at night. The kids did swim late into the night but we were far enough away that it did not bother us. We came in about 9 or 10 everynight and did not have any problems with parking.
They sold tickets to Disney parks, Universal Parks and Sea World in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2005
6 Thank RazorbackSmith

Luna
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Avanti International Resort
4.5 of 5 bubbles 4,420 reviews
Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Caribe Royale All Suite Hotel & Convention Center

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!