“Pretty good”

Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
Ranked #208 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We stayed in the 1400 building. The check in and out were fast. The staff were courteous and helpful. Our room was on the third floor looking out at the lake and pool. Room was clean and well furnished. The projection TV was large but it needed to be replaced. No light fixtures on ceiling fans were a minus. Beds were comfy and both bathrooms were nice. The master bath had a nice whirlpool bath, separate shower and toilet. Air conditioning work well. The restaurant was good and all of the pools were excellent. All in all a nice place.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2015

Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since your last visit. We hope to see you again very soon.

There are newer reviews for Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 18, 2009

We spent a week at Westgate Lakes with our children and grandchildren. Our granddaughter was busy all week swimming, playing putt putt, going for a boat ride on the lake and doing other childrens activities. It only took us 10 minutes to get to Disney World and Downtown Disney. Housekeeping was great. We called for extra blankets, towels etc and they were at our villa in 15 minutes. The pools were nice and warm. I never wanted to get out. We enjoyed eating on our screened in balcony and also playing cards on it at night. We had a great stay. Didn't find a single problem except for a piece of wood coming off a bed which they fixed immediately after our call. No problem ever getting a parking place. The on-site grocery was really nice and even delivered food to our villa before we arrived so we could grab a quick sanwich and drink while unpacking. A great place for families with children.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 16, 2009

So I stayed at the Westgate Resort and it was a great stay. I went with 5 other people so we had a 2 bedroom.My parents stayed in the Master Bedroom. And my sister and I stayed in the Double guest room. And my 2 brothers slept in the sofa. They said for a Sofa it was extrmely Comfortable. The best part of this resort was that it hadd everything just minutes away. We went to Universal Studios and seaworld, Wet nd wild and more but it was all around there! The resort had multiple things to do for those rainy days. In the rainy days we went to the indoor pool and had a blast.. Their was game rentals. Its a greeattt stay. We stayed for a week. The rooms were so comfortable and clean! There is so much to do Spa, Shopping, Parks and Swimming, canoeing and much more. The only thing was parking that was a problem but other than this its a wonderful place to visit. Im defenitely visiting this again!! The staff was great! The Suites were HUGE. And the balcony was great as well because it was big and you could see a fantastic view! it had cover that didnt allow bugs and flies in! The Jacuzzi was great when we came from the parks and we were tired. THe Resort made our stay SOOO much fun.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed June 14, 2009

My wife and I have just come back from Westgate Lakes and were delighted with the resort.
We were given a 2 bedroom apartment through a friend at work who has a timeshare there, and were pleasantly surprised after reading some of the bad reviews on Trip Advisor.
All I can say is that what ever we needed it was there within 1/2 hour.Staff were really helpful, as I asked for a lake view room and we were moved to building 500 which had a view to die for.The rooms are huge. As it was only my wife and myself the 2nd bedroom was never used which was a shame.The apartment had been recently renovated and all the utensils had never even been used.The big screen tv was excellent and the balcony is huge with screening to keep the bugs out.Used to sit on balcony for breakfast and watch people canoeing on the lake which is also part of the resort.
When you come out the gate if you turn right Seaworld is only 5 minutes away and if you turn left Universal is also 5 minutes away.Great location for all the attractions.So if your thinking of going there don't listen to the bad reviews, and if your not happy with anything the staff are more than welcome to meet your needs.People have also been complaining about parking. All I can say is that we were there for 2 weeks, and not once did I not get parked right outside our apartment. As for the timeshare just say you are not interested and they will move on and leave you alone P.S.(i just told them I had recently been made redundant, and that seemed to do the trick) So go ahead and enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 12, 2009

We actually own a Westgate Time Share in Las Vegas and have never stayed there. We chose to trade our week for the Orlando Westgate Resort and Spa and boy were we pleased. We stayed in the 700 building and everything was top notch! The stairway leading up to the room is a bit weathered but then again, it is outside. The room was in great shape and very clean. I am a bit of a germ phobe and I had no problems staying here. We had a problem with the vcr/dvd player and it was fixed immediately. The restrooms and kitchen area were really clean. I was surprised to see how many kitchen items were actually available for us to use. I loved having a washer/dryer in the suite. We only stayed for 5 days so housekeeping was really not an issue for us. I don't want to clean while on vacation either but then I am not too proud to do my own dishes or sweep the floor.

Our screened balcony overlooked the pool so we could send our 2 older kids down to swim and not have to worry about them. My daughter and I went to the spa and loved it. It was her first experience at a spa and she thought she was a queen for the day. Customer service was never a problem. If I ever had a question about anything, it was answered quickly and minor problems were dealt with accordingly. Since we are already owners, we were never approached with additional timeshare tours or anything of that nature. But when we bought our timeshare in Vegas, we sat through the talk and the tour and really never felt pressured. We purchased because it fit our budget and our needs at the time. We are glad we bought and are not suckers because of it.

We already have traded our 09 week for another Lakes Resort and Spa vacation in July and the kids can't wait to go! The on site activities are great and takes your attention away from the real money grabber- Disney! We did the Disney thing last year and do not feel it is something that must be done every year you are on vacation. It was fun and a lifetime experience but my children chose to stay at the resort and do on site activities this year instead of going to Disney. We got home late from Disney, after midnight, and were still able to find a decent parking spot.

The Smokehouse Grill is awesome and really caters to kids with their mini arcade and tokens. Pizza Hut is, well Pizza Hut, but it was nice to have on property. Wal-Mart down the road is very convenient. The many pools on site are great. The one next to our room was not busy and the kids were able to have fun without making others uncomfortable and I didn't have to worry about someone bothering them.

I agree with another review I read.... It's all what you make of it. If you are expecting to have a bad time and look for multiple problems, you will be miserable while there. If you are there to be with your family and have a relaxing vacation, Westgate Resorts and Spa is the place to be.

Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family

Reviewed June 10, 2009

First, let me say that we travel as a family two to three weeks a year with our boys 8 & 11 and my mom. We are not picky and have stayed in all ranges of accomodations. I do like to check the reviews of resorts at this site and take them into consideration.

However, we were traveing during spring break and could not get two weeks at Town Center so figured "how bad can Westgate Lakes be"? Well, we chose to spend all of our free time, while not at theme parks, off site and most of it at the Disney water parks to avoid being in our units. So here's the scoop and a copy of the letter we wrote to Interval International upon our return:

My family recently returned from a two-week vacation in the Orlando area using three banked timeshare weeks. Our first week, March 29-April 5, at Westgate Town Center was wonderful and a great experience! However, the second week in two units at Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa was a dreadful experience. We strongly suggest Interval International no longer use this resort.

Units were 815 and 816 (oldest building on the property). Our impression was that Interval International clients are treated like second-class citizens at this resort by not being placed in the newer tower buildings (the majority of the buildings). Below is a list of some of what we encountered/endured:

• No garbage disposals
• Unit floors dirty on arrival with a gritty substance (sand/sugar/salt?)
• Severe mold in all showers
• Shower in unit 815 leaked through tiles to form large puddles outside the shower
• Mold in refrigerator and no light in refrigerator unit 816
• Large cockroaches in units
• No wheels on lower dishwasher rack (impossible to move when loaded)
• Broken door on oven
• Lack of sound-deadening between units (conversations/movements very loud through walls/floors)
• TVs in units had “snow” on the channels – very difficult to view programs
• Indoor/outdoor carpeting in the bedroom (dirty and lumpy)
• Dirty bedspreads
• Weak (old) microwave ovens
• Kitchen shelving broken
• Dirty upholstery on couch (unit 815) – vinyl worn off in areas on couch (unit 816)
• Dead ants (sprayed?) left on bathroom floors and not cleaned up before arrival
• Patio areas not cleaned upon arrival – leaves, dirt, and dirty cushions
• Missing slats on vertical blinds
• Dryer in unit 815 not working properly
• Inadequate seating in living area
• Parking not adequate for number of units at resort

Please do not use this resort in the future – Interval clients deserve much better accommodations, especially when they are available at the resort.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank taffykids

Reviewed June 10, 2009

We were in need of a hotel for one night at the last minute. We searched on Hotwire and bought a 4 star condo for $65. Being rated at 4 stars and from the description I was thinking we had gotten a great place. But that turned out to be the Westgate Lakes. I had never heard of the place and since it wasn't a chain I was dubious. My fears were realized once we checked in. The grounds look nice from a distance. We never looked around. The room was horrible!!!! It was pink with navy carpet, and a green couch! It smelled of garlic and had tropical curtains, vertical blinds and a tropical bed spread. There were no towels, the kitchenette was a small frig and microwave! I could hear a dog barking from next door and then it began to pour rain!! The wind was coming thru the cheap windows, the bed had a mirror for a head board and there was a whirlpool tub next to the bed surrounded by mirrors! I wondered if they charged by the hour here!?? I called and complained to hotwire. NO WAY this is a 4 star hotel! We were given our money back and left! Beware of this place. They may have some new or nicer buildings, but if u don't get one u will be sorry!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank smileyrst
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2015

Thank you for your review. We have updated our resort since you last stayed with us. We certainly hope to see you again soon.

Luna

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Grande Vista
#61 of 340 in Orlando
Avanti International Resort

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!