We just returned from 2 weeks of pure R&R at Westgate Lakes. We were there from Feb 20th thru March 6, 2005. We stayed in bldg 600 facing the Citrus Breeze pool. We have been going there for the past 4 years and can’t wait to go back in 2006 for our 5th year in a row.
One needs to take the negative reviews here with a grain of salt as the old saying goes. I don’t know if some people have unrealistic expectations or what but our experience there has been and continues to be excellent. We stayed in a 3BR unit. When we needed maintenance issues to be addressed they were addressed quickly (much faster than I could have had them addressed if back home). When we needed towels, we called and they were delivered to our unit in a few minutes. The staff was simply phonominal. When we wanted to have our bed linens changed in the middle of the week, they did so courteously and without charge. We change bed linens every week back home so twice in a week at Westgate Lakes was a pleasant experience for us.
In reading prior perceived negative posts I wondered if people were referring to the same place. There are several Westgate resorts in Orlando. I can’t speak for any but Westgate Lakes where we have been staying the past 4 years at the end of Feb and beginning of March. Our family loves it so we are planning on staying 3 weeks in 2006.
I have engaged many people (both owners and non-owners) at poolside over a drink and I have yet to encounter 1 person that had something negative to say about Westgate Lakes. When you add into the decision making process its location, this place is hard to beat. It is located geographically in the middle of the three major theme parks, Disney, Sea World and Universal. We watched Disney’s Magic Kingdom’s evening fireworks from the privacy of our screened lanaii. That is as excellent an Orlando location as one can ask for.
In summary, I would advise anyone planning on going to Westgate Lakes to take the negative reviews found here with a grain of salt so as to speak and make up your own minds. If all reviews were negative, that would be another story. It appears many people enjoy themselves there and others don’t. Maybe some people have unrealistic expectations which can’t be met. I don’t know. My advice is to make up your own mind. As for me and my family, we say if you choose to bypass staying at Westgate Lakes, you are missing out on a positive experience and making more room for us when we go there again next February. My entire family can’t wait till 2006 for another memorable R&R experience away from New England’s harsh February cold weather.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful lakefront Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa lies near world-class theme parks (complimentary shuttle service is available). Onsite amenities include seven outdoor heated pools and hot tubs, lakeside marina, Drafts Sports Bar & Grill and world-class Serenity Spa by Westgate. Enjoy your favorite cocktail at one of three poolside bars. Choose from a variety of accommodations ranging from studios to spacious four-bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Vacatia, Booking.com, HotelPower, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando