My family and I stayed at this resort through an Interval exchange the week before Easter and we enjoyed our accommodations. We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath unit which had a nice view of the lake on which the property resides. The frogs were in full chorus each evening which made for some nice time on the patio / balcony which was pretty large. The only drawbacks were that there was a fair amount of road noise from I-4 and the cigarette smoke from the patio below us.
The staff was very friendly and quick to answer any questions we had. The only issue we had with them is that the timeshare push was a little too much. As soon as we received our room keys, we were ushered to another desk where we were informed that some free gifts awaited us - a couple boxes of cookies. We were then told that we - as VIP guests - had other free gifts and perks awaiting us at a free breakfast the next morning. Before I had time to stop her, my wife had taken $20 cash out of here purse and gave it to the rep as a "deposit". Why did we need to give the deposit considering we were getting what we as VIP guests had coming to us? Of course this was part of the timeshare sales agenda and we fell for it. I will say that we canceled our appointment for breakfast and the resort returned our $20 which I thought would be forfeited, so we appreciated this.
The location is very close to Universal Studios and many nice restaurants and shopping. It is also only about a 15 or 20 minute drive to the Disney theme parks so it will serve nicely as a base of operation to enjoy all that Orlando has to offer. We would stay here again if the opportunity arises.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando, Florida, provides guests all the comforts of a fully furnished home! All villas are non-smoking and range from Studio Villas with kitchenette and large jetted tub that sleep 4 to spacious Four-Bedroom Villas with full kitchen plus two kitchenettes that sleep up to 16, all within minutes of Orlando's world-class theme parks and tourist attractions. With scheduled shuttle service to Disney, Universal, SeaWorld and the Orlando Premium Outlets, 7 pools, full service Serenity Spa, Marketplace, Smokehouse Grill restaurant, Sid's Bistro serving Starbucks, extensive Activities program and lakefront Marina there is sure to be something for everyone. Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa is also pet friendly, allowing one pet under 60 lbs (fees apply). Come enjoy your Orlando vacation in comfort at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Vacatia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando