“Great Orlando Location”

Ranked #205 of 338 Hotels in Orlando
Bethalto, IL
“Great Orlando Location”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I am a Westgate Lakes Owner of a three bedroom lockoff unit. So yes this is a timeshare if you are not interested in one or are there for just a cheap stay but don't want the sales pitch, just don't stay here. We love our timeshare!!! We have three children and when we go to Orlando this is our home away from home. We have everything we need for the entire week close by, they have shuttles that take you to the parks it's right in the middle of everything. I can understand visitors frustration with the lobby and all the sales tactics, we've been there. But once your away from that it's a wonderful place to stay, we could walk to our pool and have a great view of the lakes. We always make new friends and love all the activities they have planned poolside if you have time to do that. You are right down the street from Wal Mart so you can stock up on food so your not paying to eat out for every meal. There is a washer and dryer right in your condo. I find it ten times more comfortable for my family than staying in a one room hotel with two beds. I had absolutely no issues with our room, it was clean and very open and spacious.

Room Tip: Don't order food from the Resort, you will save money by going to Wal Mart down the road for all...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rose K
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share information about your recent stay experience with us. As a Westgate Owner, you are our most important guest. We are so happy to know you refer to this resort as your home away from home. As you know, we are in the perfect location to nearly everything Orlando has to offer such as attractions, dinning and shopping. We look forward to providing your family with many more happy memories in years to come.

Josie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,058)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
NJ
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I walk into the lobby still shaking from sever flight anxieity. After we we waited in line and thought we were checked in, we were sent to Richard, who seemed great. Until we turned down his offer of so many "vip" services in return for just 90 minutes of our time. I had no clue when I booked this room that I was in a timeshare hotel. He became extremely condescending and eventually shipped us to the next counter where we finally received our keys.
We opened up the door to our room, the one with the FIST indented in it, and found it was quite large. We had a jucuzzi tub in the room and our own private balcony. It was clean but It definitely could have been cleaner. My daughter would not go out onto the balcony. There were black spots all over the ceiling that could have either been mold or old spider webs. She was convinced that spiders were going to fall on her head while eating. Whatever it was, it should not have been cleaned up. There was a lot of dust in the corners and gunk caked up on the shower doors. I had my husband run to Walmart and purchase some cleaners. After doing a quick cleanup, leaving our socks on, and rewashing all the dishes we were planning on using, I felt good about the place. I can't say much about the daily room service because we put the do not disturb sign up and never took it down.
The pillows were a joke. They must have been those $5.00 pillow stuffers. They were so flat and lumpy at the same time.
Unfortunately while I was there I had to study for midterms. The hotel charged for Wi-Fi. Who charges for that? I could get it free at Burger King. So I used the notes I had then went to the lobby to quickly print out a few more pages. The charge was 20 cents a minute for internet and $1.00 a page. After spending $15.00 I realized I had printed out the wrong pages but decided to make do with what I had. I know I was being stubborn but I was bothered by having to pay for it at all.
Check-out was a madhouse. I could have done a quick check out but I had no trust in this Hotel at all so I wanted to make sure I saw a printout of any additional charges before I left.There was so much commotion in the Lobby including a few very upset groups. I wasn't really sure why but it was obvious that I wasn't the only unhappy person there.
Would I come back? I don't know. I bid on the hotel and got a great deal of $50.00 a night but the tone that it set for my vacation may not have been worth it. I definitely would not recommend this place to anyone I know.

2 Thank KJSSSS
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear about the challenges you had during your stay. The comfort of our guests is a top concern for us. The challenges you have described are being reviewed by our Management Team, as they share a common interest to ensure that these issues are corrected. We remain hopeful you will give us a second chance to serve you again.

White Plains, New York
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We chose this resort based more on location than anything else as there were several of us going in different directions a few days. The 2 bedroom apartment was plenty roomy. It was great to have a full living and dining room as well as a decent kitchen. Nice to have a washer and dryer, but they were incredibly loud so couldn't do anythng at night if someone wanted to sleep. One bathroom toilet was clogged and after it was "fixed", it ran constantly. The bedrooms were good sizes and we loved having the outdoor, sreened patio.
Our biggest complaint was housekeeping. When they were fixing the bathroom, the housekeeper came and, since they weren't done, said she would be back. Despite our calls, she never came back. Then, the one day that we did get housekeeping for the week, they emptied the trash and took towels. Did nothing else. Left the kitchen the way it was with dirty dishes, left trash on the floor in the bathroom, and didn't wipe down any surfaces. That was a disappointment.
There is a little market in the front that sells a bunch of anything you could possibly need. That was a great conveniece for little items that we didn't want to go off site for. And the kiosk with all the parks tickets certainly saved us from waiting on lines at the parks.
Overall, this is a decent place for decent money in an area where that is not easy to find. The negatives were outweighed by the positives.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. We are sorry about the issues you experienced. As a timeshare resort our housekeeping schedule does run a little differently however there is no excuse for the delays you experienced. We would hope that you will return to our resort to allow us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Bradenton, Florida
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed at this "resort" when I attended a recent car show on the hotel property. The room was only $97.00 a night which surprised me because it is February in Orlando. The pictures on the website looked very enticing. The room I had was billed as a suite which to me meant there would be a separate bedroom and living area. Not the case. My room had a funny setup. The hot tub was pretty much in the center of the room and the bathroom consisted of a shower and toilet. The sink was located outside the bathroom in the area of the spa. There was a kitchenette with two chairs which also served as the chairs you would use to watch TV. No recliner or anything like that. I had to sit on my bed to watch TV. Two rooms share a main entrance and from there you enter your room. There were three or four teenagers in the room on one side of me and a couple with a yelping dog in the room on the other side of me which made it very difficult to sleep. I could almost hear conversations from both rooms. The rooms had to be thinner than at most hotels. One other minor irritation was that there was no lounge on the property with the exception of the restaurant which I had to take a shuttle to as it was quite a hike to walk.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any outside group activities on the property. I attended a car show and music and...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. All of our guests’ comments are appreciated, as we are always researching areas to improve upon in order to provide out guests with the quality vacation experience. Our goal is to exceed your expectations and we hope that you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I loved the resort. It was a very comfortable atmosphere. Clean rooms, great landscaping, and everyone was very friendly and helpful. Couldn't beat how close we were to everything. 12 minutes away from all of the attractions. Also, discounted tickets through the resort was great since tickets were really expensive at the gate. I have no complaints. So impressed, we bought timeshare! Can't wait to bring the family!

• Stayed January 2014
Oh my! Congratulations! Welcome to the Westgate family and a lifetime of memorable vacations. It was an honor to have you stay with us. It’s great you were able to take advantage of our wonderful amenities, friendly staff and convenient location. We can’t wait for your return so we can create many more memorable moments.

Floodwood, Minnesota
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We saw a "deal" to this resort if we signed up for a 90 minute Timeshare presentations. I read many many reviews for this resort and paid particular attention to the timeshare presentation reviews because I had never been to one. I asked advice from friends, and I googled about timeshares. So we had a game plan. Agreed, 90 minutes was all we would stay. We also agreed we were not there for any " freebies" or discounts. So all in all, that worked out. The presenter knew from the get-go we did not want to be there, he asked us why and we were honest up front. So there was no high pressure, but it was 2 hours, not 90 minutes. We did not take a tour because we actually were there a day and a half before we had to go to the presentations. In that time we saw all the resort had to offer, no need to tour. Now all that being said, we were very impressed with our accommodations. We were in bldg. 2600, on the 4th floor. It was so very lovely, just like the pictures on the website. The view of Turtle Lake, the roomy balcony, the huge living space, the kitchen fully supplied with very nice dishes, flatware, new appliances, washer dryer. We had 3 flat screen TV's but not happy with the limited channels and no way to know which were the channel listings. Beds were so comfy, everything so clean, not a bug insight. Great water pressure in showers and huge spa tub with jets. But the jets were too loud. Every staff person we encountered was very polite and helpful, if they could understand us and we them. The pool area in our section was never crowded, it was well maintained, and heated pool water was nice to get into. Our MAIN complaint was one we saw many times on the reviews we read, heavy traffic and parking spots too close together. We had someone ding our car door. We have had our car 6 yrs. and this was the first door ding which was a real downer for my hubby who takes so much pride in his car. Also he didn't like that when you were pulling out from a parking lot, the bushes stuck out too far and you had to creep out slowly because of oncoming resort traffic and golf carts. It is very easy to get into and out of the resort from the main roads and freeway. All in all as much as it had to offer and as lovely as the accommodations, we would not stay again, it's too big! We paid $169.00 for 4 days and 3 nights. Great value!

Room Tip: Ask for bldg. 2600, room # 2642. Fourth floor.
2 Thank Moberglake
Thank you for choosing the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. We appreciate your comments and are glad you found us to be a great value. Making memorable stay experiences with our valued guests is what we do best! We invite you back, and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We loved our stay.
We have been expended 2 weeks between January 14, 2014 and January 29, 2014. We had a one luxury badroom with Jacuzzi, Leaving, Kitchen and Laundry Machine.

We have some minor issues but all of it has been solved.
We will back soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We are honored you chose to stay with us! We are happy to hear you had a great time! We pride ourselves in many things, from superior customer service, to our beautiful grounds. But we also work hard to provide a diverse assortment of amenities that all of our guests can enjoy. It’s great you took part, we love it! Please come back and visit us again soon!

Josie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#86 of 338 in Orlando

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!