“Very Good Attention”

Ranked #203 of 337 Hotels in Orlando
Barceloneta, Puerto Rico
“Very Good Attention”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Jenishca Amador, since we was coordinating from our country she help us with many things. At the hotel we contact her and she was very responsive for our needs. Security response very fast to solve the combination box issue. The clean services response was two day later, one bad. The other was very good!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
We are honored that you chose to stay with Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa. We are very happy to hear that Jenishca was accommodating as well as our security staff. We hope you had a great time and hope that you will visit us soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,053)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Hampton, New Hampshire
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I was in Florida visiting my grandparents in Boynton Beach, but my sister was in Tampa so we met up in Orlando for a day at Universal and stay here for the night. My first issue here was the check-in, we waited in line forever - which I had seen the reviews about but until you experience it you realize how inconvenient it is. After check in we waited again for someone to show us to our room. We went out to dinner and got back fairly late. There was NO parking. We drove around the ENTIRE property TWICE!! Absolutely ZERO parking available. I went to the front desk and again had to wait in line for someone to help me and then I was told that parking was not guaranteed. Are you kidding me? Don't offer free parking and then say it is not guaranteed. When I asked to speak to someone they had me wait for over 45 minutes, by the time I finally got someone to help me out it was after midnight. I was not the only unhappy person there either. They finally told us to just park on the side of the road, which I was not very comfortable doing, since we had a rental car. The customer service here was awful and to be honest I had completely forgotten about my experience here (because I blocked it out), but I actually got a call today from them today to offer me a discount for the off-season. I told the woman that I had a really bad experience the first time and I certainly was not going to take my chances there again. The price may seem great, but it is not worth it in the end.

Room Tip: Not worth it. Way too many problems - spend a little bit more money and stay at a place where they a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank atlanticmotel391
Thank you for your input. We are a large destination resort and, as such, we have a large amount of people who are checking in. We are currently working on ways to streamline this process. Our parking can be challenging when coming back late at night. Please accept our apologies-we are also working on this, too. We hope you had a chance to enjoy the spacious and luxurious suite and the abundance of amenities we offer, including sports courts, miniature golf, paddleboats and our fitness center. We hope to have another chance to exceed your expectations.
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I booked my room which was to have a big open tub,did not get it,also they did not want to give me my key to my room because they wanted my credit card.At the time, I only had cash.Instead of working with me, they send me out on a hut to find a bank which I could deposit some money in.Went to the presentation which took two horrilbe hours.The lady was rude to us.Did not let us talk only if we where going to buy.Try to explian that we dont have any money right now ,but she did not care she kept on pushing us to buy.I would never stay at this hotel agian.Also got charge and extra 179.00 dollars for no reason,no wonder why they want your credit card so bad.They going to give it back to me but now all my check are bouncing all over the place .They dont care a sorry is what I got. I will never stay thier again.

Room Tip: On top floor less noise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kim s
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Thank You for providing feedback on your stay to us. We truly appreciate each and every guest at our resort and value their thoughts as we are always continuing to improve ourselves. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during our check in process. Part of this process is to have a credit card on file for any incidentals that may be charged to your room. This is an industry standard that most hotels/resorts follow. In addition, this information was listed on all correspondence/paperwork that was sent out prior to arrival. In regards to the charge on your credit card; please contact customer service at the phone number provided on your confirmation letter. If you no longer have this number, please contact our Social Media team at 1-800-217-5076 so we may direct your call. I once again want to thank you for your feedback. We look forward to answering/clarifying any information listed above.
Bermuda
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We own at Westgate Lakes and stayed for our home week but not in our unit. The stay was pleasant. The staff were friendly. We own at other timeshare resorts as well and were pleasantly surprised to receive mid-week maid service which included new linens on the beds, garbage emptying etc. That was a nice plus. Everyone was friendly.

The time share spiel was expected, so we managed to avoid it - even the updated membership ploy.

Great central location, close to terrific shopping and other entertainment. Very enjoyable.

Room Tip: As for a lake view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your review. are glad to know that you enjoyed Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I booked my honeymoon here and was hoping for a relaxing vacation and time at the spa. I did sign up for the 90 min timeshare presentation to save money. They gave me the wrong date, blamed me and refused to change it. I had to cancel my spa appointment or pay the difference. Once at the presentation it took far longer than the stated 90 minutes. The person argued with us over our unwillingness to purchase a timeshare and told me that my husband must not love me enough because we were not interested. When I booked the trip we were travelling with another family and asked to have a separate room so we could have some privacy. We ended up with an adjoining room. We were moved, but it was to a room that was not updated and was over the main pool, very noisy. I would not stay here again and would not recommend this place to anyone. We made the best of the trip, but it was not the honeymoon I had in mind.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the front of the property and stand your ground with the timeshare sales people.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for advising us about your recent visit to the Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa. We apologize if a member of our sales team made you uncomfortable-that is not our intent. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, as we will work to ensure this does not happen again. It is our hope to have another opportunity to provide you with a relaxing stay.

Albany, Georgia
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Went on a weekend getaway. Stayed in a studio, which was spacious enough for my family of four. Everything was clean & neat. All the hotel employees we had direct contact with were helpful & friendly. Never once was I asked to purchase a timeshare. Also GREAT location!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you very much for your review regarding your stay at the Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa. We are so happy to know that you had a great time and your vacation was everything you wanted. We are glad that you found our location convenient to all of what you wanted to do in the area. We really appreciate you and we certainly look forward to your next stay with us.

Cam, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

check in is a lengthy process due to them attempting to get you to attend a timeshare type breakfast meeting - to be fair they do give you tickets to a park if you attend for a couple of hours.
Facilities, pools, gym, free laundry in each block - are excellent.
Rooms are ok - but a bit tired.
this is very much self catering rather than hotel like - so take shower gels, shampoo, coffee etc - or buy at shop.

Enjoyed my stay would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: if you want to use the gym everyday like we did then ask for a block close to reception otherwise yo...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad you enjoyed so many things about Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa! We appreciate your review, thanks for sharing your story. We think our amenities are great too. Come see what new activities we roll out, we look forward to seeing you!

Josie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Avanti International Resort
Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld
Caribe Royale Orlando
Caribe Royale Orlando
#86 of 337 in Orlando

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!