“Go stay elsewhere...if you want some peace.”

Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
Ranked #204 of 342 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Nice stay but they want to you to buy the time share.
I will not be returning even to stay. The pressure was intense to buy. 90 minute presentation took over 3 hours... really obviously they can't keep time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Alisa P
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the sales staff. It is definitely not our intention to make you feel pressured in any way from anyone on our staff; however, we do offer the opportunity to all of our guests and owners to take a tour and with that, receive certain incentives, with no obligations. Again, we apologize and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My visit at the resort labor day weekend! Upon arrival check-in was very fast. Had a great view of the lake. Once I did a walk through of the room.....found a dead roach on the kitchen floor. I also killed three baby roaches in the kitchen hanging out on the stove!!! The resort has a great location but need the exterminator to spray more often! Don't want the ROACHES to take over the resort!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Felicia519

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you enjoy the view of the lake from the room. We apologize for the issues you experienced and for any inconvenience they may have caused. Your review will be shared with management including the housekeeping and maintenance departments. We appreciate that you brought these issues to our attention as we work diligently to resolve them. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this time share over the Labor weekend and we found a lot of ants in the Kitchen and the living room, and a funky smell in the apartment, my kids did not got to any of these areas because the small ants were crawling up on the legs the bathrooms were full of mildew in the shower area, and the housekeeping staff was very disrespectful, we request late check out and we got granted until 12 noon, but housekeeping staff was banging at the door and calling the room phone because they needed to clean the apartment early in the morning. What kind of service is this??? it is not pleasant, and even worse they don't clean the apartment properly...
Very disappointed customer!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Jroc35
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We have renovated our property since you last visited and welcome you back to see what we now have to offer.
Best regards,
Ray

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This, like most resorts in Orlando, is a time share opportunity but we chose to use a Deal Chicken coupon and rent a room for 2 nights. Since we weren't there for a time share, they gave us a room facing the pool, which was above the air conditioning units for all the units near us and the pool was incredibly noisy until late at night. There was no way to block out the noise from the pool. There was a live band our second night there until 10 p.m. and then the party continued outside our window. Impossible to sleep through all that. When we walked into the unit for the first time we were impressed with the jacuzzi tub but then I looked into walk-in shower to find a lizard about 2" long! I was appalled! My husband trapped it and took it outside but good grief! What a shock. If you go to the information desk, plan on them trying to trap you into a "free breakfast and $75 cash". DON'T DO IT! These presentations can last up to 5 hours and then there are catches at the end to get the cash. The room itself was nice and the bed was comfortable. We requested coffee for the coffee maker in the room and was told we could buy it at the gift shop. I went to CVS and bought a can for $4.50. Skip this "resort".

Room Tip: Skip this "resort" and stay in a hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Verlia
WestgateGuestRels, Guest Relations Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide an exceptional vacation experience that exceeds guest’s expectations and we apologize that we fell short. We will certainly share your review with our staff, as we are always looking for areas to improve. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at this resort a few weeks ago and I really enjoyed the resort. The downside.... Do not go to the registration desk unless you plan on buying a timeshare. I was informed if I took a 90 min tour of the place I would receive 75.00 dollars back. I said that sounds like a good deal. Well that 90 min presentation end up being 4 hours. I so irritated. With the exception on this I really enjoyed my stay. I will stay again but I more knowledgable now.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank burrit

Thank you for your review. We do apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced as a result of attending one of our timeshare presentations and are sorry that this distracted you from your family vacation. Participation in our timeshare presentations is voluntary and we do offer all of our owners/guest the opportunity to participate and for opting to do so, we do offer breakfast, and other incentives. We certainly hope that you will stay with us again giving us chance to exceed your expectations in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Check in was fast as we arrived late at night and there were no lines at the VIP/Owner desk or general reception.

The room was clean and well stocked with items. However, that is where the good news ends with this review.

There were several roaches of small and large sizes running around the both bathrooms and inside of the living room area. Black mildew was growing above the bathrooms on the ceiling of both shower stalls.

We stayed in were in the 2000's building on the second floor level, the beds and the couches in the units were dated from around 10 years ago or at least looked as though they were, showing lots of age and use. The beds were hard. TV's in both bedrooms were the old non-HD CRT type with the only HD-TV being in the living room. Countertops and cabinets were also showing severe signs of age and use.

Even after being an owner of Westgate Timeshares since 1998, these people working there were ever persistent to hunt me down to get me to buy, divide or purchase more timeshare as one came knocking on my door after 10PM in the middle of the night during my stay to insist on me attending a meeting to discuss (nothing of importance) to me as my timeshare units are fully paid-in-full. The Westgate personnel insisted she was not a sales person, but worked with accounts and corporate and wanted to go over some new information with me. After attending her 9am appointment a few days later, it was clear that she had fed me a line to get me to divide my timeshare and buy more again... Why would I do that????

Generally, I like the resort's location, midway between Universal Studies and Walt Disney World, but the aging amenities at the Lakes especially in the older buildings leaves a lot to be desired and you won't know what you are given until you check-in to the resort.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer room if available. Also, inform the front desk right away of any signs of bugs or mi...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ryan F

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the issues you experienced and for any inconvenience they may have caused. Your review will be shared with management including the housekeeping and maintenance departments. We appreciate that you brought these issues to our attention as we work diligently to resolve them. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Checking in was surprisingly taxing for a vacation resort. I booked a two bedroom, which they confirmed at the front desk, so I don't know how it ended up that me and my family schlepped all of our belongings to a studio. The bell hop desk guy acted annoyed as he told us he had no one to help us to the room. I called front desk to complain they sent us to a studio and not a 2 bedroom! Now front desk insisted I booked a studio? Good thing I had my 2 bedroom confirmation email handy. It got better after their faux pa, but the best part of the resort is the location. The amenities and rooms seem dated. The other thing, the property seems tight, like they tried to put a lot of buildings in a small area. I would have preferred to not be in a tropical version of a congested New York City.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Reina G

Thank you for you feedback. We appreciate your comments as we are always looking for areas to progress. Guest satisfaction is our top priority and the issues you experienced are not our usual standard of service. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to go beyond your anticipations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Orlando
Doubletree by Hilton Orlando at SeaWorld
#140 of 342 in Orlando
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Grande Vista
#65 of 342 in Orlando

Been to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!