It was time to go back to Orlando for a few days, to escape from the everyday routine. I brought my parents with us, so I began looking for a large resort room that could accommodate everyone in order to have quality family time. I found the perfect accommodations at the Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa.
The past reviews have mentioned that check-in at this resort could be slow and frustrating, but since I arrived late on a Wednesday evening, I did not experience it. What I did experience was a very pleasant and helpful encounter at the Registration Desk. When they found out I was in Orlando with my entire family, they made sure I got a nice unit, one that could accommodate everyone together and comfortably. Not only did I get a nice big unit, but got one that had a great lake view and was close enough to a pool for the kids. Thank you Westgate!!
I got a two story, 4 bedrooms, 4 baths unit that felt like a house rather than a hotel/resort room. Every room had a flat screen HDTV. The main living room area had a DVD player and also a Radio/CD player that was great to use. The room was clean and the rug and furniture felt pretty new.
The property is very well kept and beautifully landscaped. There is a massive lake next to many of the resort buildings. It is very relaxing to drink your morning coffee or to have a glass of wine in the balcony overlooking the lake, (all balconies are screened). If this is something that appeals to you, ask for a unit with a lake view. You will not regret it.
I found the pool area to be very clean, it was large and beautiful; there is a kiddy pool with a mushroom waterfall fixture, very fun for the kids. The Jacuzzi was very nice too. I saw maintenance personnel unloading new furniture into buildings nearby so they are in the process of remodeling units.
The resort is conveniently located near all the attractions with easy access to I-4. There is a Whole Foods, and a Wal-Mart as well as other shopping options very close to the resort. Our accommodations made our long weekend a memorable one. I couldn’t be more pleased with Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa in Orlando.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful lakefront Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa lies near world-class theme parks (complimentary shuttle service is available). Onsite amenities include seven outdoor heated pools and hot tubs, lakeside marina, Drafts Sports Bar & Grill and world-class Serenity Spa by Westgate. Enjoy your favorite cocktail at one of three poolside bars. Choose from a variety of accommodations ranging from studios to spacious four-bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando