Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
5,972 results
All reviewssmokehouse grillpaddle boatsmini golfjacuzzi tubfull kitchenlake viewmaster bedroomwasher and dryerrecommend this resortnice resortsea worlduniversal studiosinternational drivefamily vacationorlando areadisney worldpools
Reviewed March 13, 2013

The units are always clean. The beds and furniture are comfortable. It's all full size...Kitchen, bath, beds. The grounds are gorgeous. If you get there during the busiest vacation times you will find delays at check in and low available parking near the units. The staff are quite nice, friendly and efficient. Sales people need to back off though. I am an owner. I stay in the same unit every year unless I change my week. Have been doing so for a long time. They are overdue for refreshing the units, which we noticed on this trip they have started to do.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Thank you for responding to us about your recent vacation at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. We value your feedback as an owner and will share it with other members of our resort team. We were pleased you found the resort landscaping gorgeous and our team members accommodating and efficient-this is so very important to know. As you know, we are always making improvements and will be renovating even more this year and in the future. Once again, we appreciate the feedback and look forward to your many more great vacations with us!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I had high hopes for this resort, given the beautiful pictures on the website and that it's technically considered a 4-star resort. After a long day at Universal I was looking forward to relaxing with my family with some room service in a nice room. Check-in wasn't that bad however I did wait about 20-30 min in line and then was forced to listen to a guy try to get me to sign up for their time share presentation. We drove to our room and first thing we noticed is that there is NOT enough parking. Parking is a huge problem. We get to our room and open the door and I wanted to cry. It was like stepping into 1980 miami vice...everything was old and dingey. The shower door actually had black mold growing on it. The room smelled like lysol. I thought we were getting a nice condo with enough beds for my family of four. The kids had to sleep on an old leather green pullout couch...the couch must've been 25 years old at least. I tried to call the front desk to complain and nobody answered. I called several times and the phone just kept ringing. I then tried to call for room service and nobody answered there either. I had to call at least 5 times before somebody picked up and they said it would be an hour for food. We then had to go pick-up food and risk losing our precious parking spot. The second night we were there, we were about to fall asleep and all of sudden our room filled with the smell of fried onions and garlic. It was literally coming in through the vents...a neighbor must've been cooking. At check-out I complained to the front desk about the mold in the shower...the girl just looked at me, ignored my comment and told me I was all-set. We would never recommend this place to anyone and would never stay here again. The pictures you see on the internet ARE NOT what you will get.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Ellyn101
WestgateGuestRels, General Manager at Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on your visit to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. We apologize if you were not pleased with your accommodations and our resort. Your comments will be shared with our management team so they can address the issues you brought to our attention. Positive or negative, our guests' comments are of the utmost value to us so we know how we are graded. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

I am an owner at westgate resorts in Florida. STAY AWAY from these people, they are a rip off. They offer you things and they are NOT free. Once they have you wheel it's over. Maintenance and taxes goes UP every year, customer relations are the worse people to deal with. They NEVER live up to what they say. The resorts are all dirty, moldy, nasty and they do not clean the rooms property. This resort is not even worth owning or staying at. I regret spending my good earned money with these people.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Diana A

Thank you for you feedback on your trip to Westgate Resorts. As an owner, your opinions are very important to us and we are sorry you feel the way you do. Your comments will be passed on to our management team to review. Once again, thank you for your response.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We are here for a week. When we arrived we couldn't check in. It took them two hours to get a room/villa us and it was old dirty and dusty. "We will call in 15-20 min" i complain. "Inspection just about done we will call in 15 min". Two hours! Talked with every dept, lots of empty promises not until I called our time share company did anything get done. Wi-Fi is always at maximum and can't be used. Staying in a two star hotel would be better. Do not buy a time share here! Rooms are 1st come first serve. People mob in at 4:00 to get the best rooms. Don't exchange for here! Much better options very close. I warned you! Call any dept and you will be on hold untill you get tired of waiting and hang up. Run away!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Molar13

Thank you for your comments about your visit to Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations when staying with us. Due to high occupancy, we can not always check guests into their villas prior to check in at 4:00 PM. We will do everything possible to get them checked in, but sometimes it is just not possible, and we apologize if this was the case. Rest assured, your comments will be reviewed by our management team so they are aware of your feedback.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We stayed in a studio apartment. The room was flawless! The king bed is bigger than any bed I've seen and was so comfortable! The check in was very quick and the staff were very helpful and recommended a few restaurants for Thanksgiving. The view from our balcony was breath taking. Finding a parking space was a little difficult on Thanksgiving but we easily found spaces all other days,

The location is perfect, right next to international drive and very close to the parks, shops and all other attractions

The one fault I should mention is the 14usd per day resort fee which I though was pretty steep.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemma M

Thank you for sharing your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa vacation with us. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and knowing you found the villa flawless is great to know. Our team takes a lot of pride in providing a great vacation experience and we are very pleased you enjoyed our resort. It was nice to read you found your way around the Orlando area easy due to our great location. On behalf of the entire Westgate Lakes Team, we thank you for staying with us and hope to have you visit again very soon.