Went here for a "get away" to use up the time share before it expired. Check in was okay we arrived a bit early since we read about the lines.
Then on to the next stop, we were offered the full breakfast, until the sales person back peddled when she found out our Significant Others were not traveling with us, then she revoked the free breakfast, since we could not sign up for "another" time share. (I was appalled at this customer service).
When we arrived to our room, the keys did not work. (We were not offered to be "shown" to our room we figured because we were not doing the tour.) It was very hot out and we had to call several numbers to finally get someone to come and help us. The workers around just ignored us. They brought the key computer with them and fixed the issue and the security men were very kind and professional, after realizing I was pregnant even brought our luggage through the doors for us too.
The room was very clean and spacious.
The pools were very nice and clean - it would have been nice to have a few free standing umbrellas. There were only ones attached to the tables. There were multiple pools and one played music and 2 had snack bars. There were a few that said they had snack bars on the map including the one closest to us, but they were not open. The owner bbq just took over one of the pools so be aware when those are so you can avoid them.
Staff was hit and miss, I was cut off several times while driving by the little golf carts at night. Other staff would be very friendly. The lobby staff was hit and miss as well as far as friendliness.
Close location to drive to Disney if you wish. A lot of restaurants around the area, mostly chains.
Check out was a mess, we called for express check out and waited on the phone for over 40 min. We ended up just driving up to the lobby and checked out in less than 3 min.
Nothing to say an amazing place just a good timeshare place that you could take a family that is cheap and close to Disney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The beautiful lakefront Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa lies near world-class theme parks (complimentary shuttle service is available). Onsite amenities include seven outdoor heated pools and hot tubs, lakeside marina, Drafts Sports Bar & Grill and world-class Serenity Spa by Westgate. Enjoy your favorite cocktail at one of three poolside bars. Choose from a variety of accommodations ranging from studios to spacious four-bedroom villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Expedia, Booking.com, Otel, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westgate Lake Resort Spa
- Westgate Resort Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Florida
- Westgate Lakes Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lake Resort Orlando
- Westgate Hotel Orlando
- Westgate Lakes Orlando