“Best possible place to stay in Orlando!!!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios
Ranked #62 of 340 Hotels in Orlando
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I went to Orlando to spend my vocations with my wife. We went also to celebrate our first anniversary of our marriage.

Must say that i was impress, when we made our check in they told us that change our room for a single king size bed instead a double queen bed room. It was a pleasant surprise since when I made the reservation this room it wasn't available.

The room is very big, with good internet connection. A full kitchen was very important for us since we don't like to eat fast-food all the time. At night some days we were able to make some homemade soup to detox.

Everyday our room was cleaned (which is not usual on long stay hotels that I have been before on US). Always have some nice note left from the housekeeper.

The locations couldn't be best. On a walking distance you have a Wallgreens (pharmacy) and also a Red Lobster for dinner.

It's soo close to the Universal parks an City Walk that you could go walking to them (not recommend). And if you need ticket you can buy at the hotel. They also have a shuttle system for the Universal Park (must be reserved in advance).

If you want to go shopping the Premium Outlet at the International Drive are very close.

You could not choose a better place to stay in Orlando.

About the Staff they always are ready to help you out and the hotel offers for guest from Monday to Thursday an evening lunch with free beers and Wine.

It's not the cheapest hotel but for sure have the best price/experience/location that you can find around.

For sure next time I go to Orlando (hope very soon) I will stay again at Homewood Suites.

Do a favor for yourself and your family. Please stay at this hotel. You will not regret it.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Luizsimm
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

It was such a pleasure to have you with us. I am pleased to know that my staff took great care of you and that you enjoyed our food service as well. We know there are more than 300 hotel options in the Orlando area and we truly appreciate that you chose us! We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

My experience at Homewood suites was amazing! I stayed for three days on the first floor and had a direct view of universal Orlando resort which was very pretty breakfast was on point and staff was very helpful even though we arrived late at night rooms are very spacious with stove fridge and microwave. Bathroom was very elegant and clean when we came back from universal our whole room was cleaned from top to bottom. Rooms are kind of cold when windows are closed. But if you want to get a full view of universal you should stay up on the top floor. Beds are heavenly even the sofa bed. But if you want to get full view of universal you should stay on the top floor. All In all it was an amazing stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are quieter and warmer
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Norris T

Congratulations on your Anniversary! Thank you for sharing your review of our Homewood Suites. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and your kind remarks regarding the helpfulness of my staff are genuinely appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels return you to Orlando.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Spent 12 nights in this hotel and could not rate it high enough. The staff from desk, catering and housekeeping are professionall and extremely pleasant and helpfull. We stayed in a double queen suite on the 5th floor, very quiet poolside view, the suite was home from home with all amenities and spotlessly clean. The location is superb just of of International drive, if you ask at the desk the staff will print you directions to anywhere you want to go, this proved to be invaluable. Universal have a desk in the foyer and we bought our tickets to universal cheaper than online. We also got a 1 day midweek seaworld ticket for $50 each, much cheaper than the seaworld website as an international visitor. The breakfast each morning was perfect, constantly being replenished. We only had the free dinner on two occasions as we were at the parks, but I can say it was lovely and would have availed of it more often if we were there, it would have saved a fortune. All in all a very enjoyable stay and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel.

3  Thank Mags410
Keith B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Orlando-Nearest to Univ Studios, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our Homewood Suites. It was such a pleasure to have you with us and we are happy to know that you were able to enjoy more of what Orlando has to offer due to services we were able to provide. Feedback such as yours goes a long way in boosting team morale and your kind remarks about my staff and the services of our Housekeeping team are greatly appreciated. We look forward to welcoming you again on future visits to our city.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Before booking this hotel I researched reviews thoroughly. Upon arriving I knew immediately I made a grave mistake. The lobby is filthy and dated. It smells like greasy cooking, the room and bedding were dated and worn. Even worse, I awoke with bites on my face from some kind of critters I suspect were in the linens. The duvets were disgusting. I am a frequent business traveler and there is no way this hotel deserves the positive ratings it has received. My Stay was April 20-28 2014.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Diverstj

We're sorry that you did not have a similar experience to guests listing their positive experiences at our hotel. We always look for guest feedback to provide us with the necessary insight into our hotel and guest comfort, health, and safety is incredibly important. We are looking into your concerns and invite you to contact us directly if you would like to discuss this matter.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Great stay with wonderful accomodations and fantastic staff. Their helpfull assistance and local knowledge of both restraunts and park operations made this stay all we had hoped it would be. Our check in and check out process was flawless. The suite rooms were great to have space to spread out and relax. The location for Universal islands is great by car or shuttle bus. Its close enough to walk to the parks if you wish. The evening dinners with wine and beer available were a great bonus. The pool area was great to sit out and relax in the evening after a heavy day of park exeprience. A great stay adn highly recommended for Universal Studios or Universal Island of Adventure.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
3  Thank Robert K

Thank you so much for your kind review of our Homewood Suites. I am thrilled to hear that my team was successful in helping you to have a wonderful family vacation! While we take great pride in our facilities, kind remarks regarding my staff are especially appreciated and go a long way in maintaining high team morale. It was a pleasure having you visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again when you and your family return to Orlando.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellent hotel, great location, by car only 5 min from Universal Studio and if you want to walk it is only 15-20 min. The breakfast is ok (go early between 7 to 8 am) and as a guest you have a complementary internet connection in the room. Rooms are very clear and well organised. Close to the Orlando Premium Outlets. Great value for the money.

2  Thank Vezolano_71

Thank you for taking the time to review our Homewood Suites on Trip Advisor. I also want to reiterate your recommendation for our guests to join us for breakfast earlier rather than later as it does tend to get much busier in the last hour of breakfast service. Our goal is to provide the most enjoyable experience for our guests and I am happy to know that you had a great visit with us. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Orlando.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We always enjoy staying at the Homewood Suites. This was our first time staying at this one and I must say the staff here is awesome and the best I've ever seen.

Everyone was so kind and polite. Whatever you needed they were eager to help. Maria and Kiki (spelling?) who managed the kitchen were absolutely beautiful. There was also a gentleman who was working in the kitchen during the Monday dinner who was so pleasant. The salad that night has cheese and my daughter can't eat that so he promptly went into the kitchen and brought her back a plain salad. Little things like that mean a lot. I wish I could have gotten all the names so I could mention each staff member individually. From the front desk to housekeeping everyone was fantastic.

Everything else was just as I would expect from a Homewood Suites. The bed was super comfortable. Everything was very clean and well kept. This Homewood is also in a great location being close to Universal and Seaworld, and offering a shuttle if you need it. This hotel is also very close to International Drive which was also a plus.

We would return to this hotel in a heartbeat. I highly recommend!

3  Thank tjkm

Thank you so much for your compliments towards my staff. It was such a pleasure to be able to share your kind remarks with the team in our morning gathering. We are all thrilled to know that you enjoyed your visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again when you return to Orlando.